Monday, August 8, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 8, 2022)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a surprise visit from my friend Bev this week. When she cancelled her June visit because of Covid, she said she'd try to visit for my birthday. Then I didn't hear anything else until I got a phone call on Monday evening saying "Did I remember to tell you I was coming this week?" Apparently, she was the only one who knew she was coming. Her mom, boyfriend, and daughter were surprised when she said she'd be away. We had a good time going out to eat, visiting the Duluth Rose Garden, listening to audiobooks, and talking and talking and talking. 

Since I was at about 2/3 of the way through my current audiobook, I set it aside and we listened to a couple that I thought she would like while I played computer games and she crafted. She is always crocheting some kind of cute critter. This trip was a large rabbit and a dozen smaller ones for a baby shower of a friend. 

I'm looking forward to a much quieter coming week. I'm finishing up my August review books, starting my September 6 releases, and digging into that new science fiction series I bought last week. And there are always baseball games to watch on MLB.TV.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Grave Reservations by Cherie Priest (Audiobook) -- I read the eARC but still enjoyed listening to this paranormal mystery about a homicide cop and an unreliable psychic. I reviewed the eARC and don't plan a new review for the audiobook. 
  • Ruby Fever by Ilona Andrews (Review: August 23) -- This book concludes the Catriona Baylor trilogy within the Hidden Legacy universe. I enjoyed this fast-paced story. My review will be posted on August 17.
  • The Poison Study Short Story Collection by Maria V. Snyder (Audiobook) -- This is epic fantasy. These three stories tell more about favorite characters or adventures that didn't fit into the series. I don't plan to review this one.
  • Soul Taken by Patricia Briggs (Review; August 23) -- This latest in the Mercy Thompson urban fantasy series has Mercy dealing with a magical weapon which steals souls, missing vampires, and an old enemy. My review will be posted on August 18.
  • McKettrick's Pride by Linda Lael Miller (Mine since 2007) -- This contemporary/Western romance was a fun story with great characters. My review will be posted on August 20.
  • Murder with Peacocks by Donna Andrews (Audiobook) -- This is the first book in the Meg Langslow cozy mystery series and introduces Meg as she tries to organize three weddings and solve a murder or two. My review will be posted on August 18.
  • The First Casualty by Mike Moscoe (Mike Shepherd) -- This is the first Jump Universe book and prequel series to the Kris Longknife series. It is military science fiction and space opera. My review will be posted on August 23.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Kindle:
What was your week like?

15 comments:

  1. Great looking books! What fun to have a nice visit with your friend.

    Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of variety there! Happy reading.
    http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/08/book-date-monday-aug-8-2022.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a great visit with your friend. All of your books look so good. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have so many great looking books on your blog!

    I am glad that you had such a good visit with your friend! My son's favorite stuffed animal (that he still sleeps with every night) is a little crocheted/knitted badger he got for Christmas a few years ago. Those handmade animals are so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a nice assortment of books. Glad you had a good time with your friend. I have been to Duluth. It's beautiful there. Have a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a nice visit! Hope your coming week is a good one.

    The Huber books always seem to be calling out to me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that your friend surprised you with a visit.

    I've finished my August review books and am starting my September ones as well.

    Hope you enjoy all your books.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2022/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_0163897833.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a great time with your friend - so glad the visit finally happened! Your books for the week look good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great time you had with your friend! It's nice that you can share books together. And what a nice surprise that she came for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a nice surprise! Hope you had a wonderful visit!

    Nice lineup for the week! I remember reading the Poison Study short stories when they were in Maria's newsletters! They were quite entertaining! I hope you enjoy them and all of your other reads lined up for the week!

    Happy Reading!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's my kind of house guest! One that you can listen to audiobooks with, I mean, not one who forgets to tell you they're coming! heehee
    I always enjoy your lists! I especially like the sound of Grave Reservations and Dewey Decimated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had fun with your friend. Have a nice week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a lovely visit. I enjoyed the Poison Study series and characters. Your new book The Spare Man has my interest.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Surprise visits from friends are so fun. Have a lovely week, and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday! And yeah for a great visit with your friend! And some really great authors there, Maria V. Snyder, Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs! Yeah that you enjoyed most, if not all, of them! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!