Friday, November 18, 2022

Friday Memes: Sudden Death by David Rosefelt

 Happy Friday everybody!

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
I step off the plane, and for the first time in my life, I'm in Los Angeles. I'm not sure why I've never been here before. I certainly haven't had any preconceived notions about the place, other than the fact that the people here are insincere, draft-dodging, drug-taking, money-grubbing, breast-implanting, out-of-touch, pâté-eating, pompous, Lakers-loving, let's-do-lunching, elitist scumbags.

But here I am, open-minded as always.
Friday 56:
Edna finally notices that I've come in, and she reluctantly pauses in her tutorial to introduce the stranger as Adam Strickland. He's the writer the studio sent to get to know us and see how we operate so that he can write the screenplay more effectively and accurately.
This week I am spotlighting another book in the Andy Carpenter series. Andy is a defense attorney who tries to avoid work. He prefers to spend his time at his dog rescue Tara Foundation. But sometimes there's a case he just can't avoid.

Here's the description of Sudden Death by David Rosenfelt - the fourth book in the series.
Following the success of Bury the Lead, David Rosenfelt delivers a "wise cracking legal thriller" featuring Defense Attorney Andy Carpenter (Publishers Weekly).

Kenny Schilling is the new star running back for the New York Giants. Troy Preston was a wide receiver for the Jets, until his recent murder. Could rivalry have turned Kenny Schilling into a cold-blooded killer? The police say yes. And now the football hero needs a good lawyer -- quick. Still basking in the glow of his last successful case, Andy Carpenter is called to defend Kenny's innocence. Then it's revealed that Troy wasn't the only murdered player Kenny was in contact with. Now, amid a collapsing personal life and death threats from a drug king-who may or may not have a hand in things-Andy must keep his eye on the ball during what could become the media trial of the century.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the opening lines do capture what the character thinks of LA, lol. Here's mine: “THE REWIND”

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ that opening! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems interesting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!