Monday, November 7, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (November 7, 2022)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a quiet week with mostly lovely fall weather. I watched the World Series and The Voice
and did lots of listening and reading. Halloween caught me by surprise. I had shopped for candy but the knocking on the door Monday night still surprised me. I had about 20 young trick-or-treaters this year. 

As it was the end of the month, I prepared my monthly State of the Stack post and totaled up my monthly reading. I have two November review copies yet unread, but I am about half-finished with one of them. 

I made a big pot of 15-bean soup to celebrate the Fall season. It was a simple recipe as I followed the directions on the back of the bag. It is tasty and, as best as I can tell, very low sodium which is a plus for our heart health. 

My brother made salmon and rice pilaf earlier in the week which prompted me to order some orzo from Amazon since it isn't currently available in any of our local grocery stores. A year's supply of that pasta should be arriving today. 

On the plans for this week is filling in the gaps in my December calendar and setting up the basic posts. I know that I'd like to read a couple more of the Kris Longknife stories and a couple more by David Rosenfelt. I also have quite a few more Meg Langslow mysteries in audiobook form from Chirp that I should slot in. I don't have that many slots left since 12 are already taken by December and early January Review copies. 

Also in my plans for the week is getting out of the house to vote on Tuesday. This isn't a midterm election that I want to miss. There are too many threats to democracy running for office (while still not agreeing to accept the election results.)

October Reading Report

In October, I read 30 books including 12 audiobooks. I read five books from my review stack and two from deep in TBR mountain. Records show that I read 10,360 pages and listened for 165 hours. 

According to LibraryThing, I added 39 books to my collection in October. I added one audiobook and listened to it too. I added 13 Review copies from NetGalley. I took advantage of three BookBub deals and three Kindle Daily deals. 

I added a dozen of the Kris Longknife books for my Kindle. I have already read two of them. 

Thirty-four of my new books are still on the TBR pile. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Secrets in Death by J. D. Robb (Kindle) -- Reread because it is being highlighted on Robb's Facebook page.
  • Mouse & Dragon by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
  • Fledgling by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
  • Through the Liquor Glass by Sarah Fox (Review; November 29) -- Cozy mystery starring the owner of a literary pub. My review will be posted on November 22.
  • Saltation by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
  • One Last Chance by Kat Martin (Review; November 29) -- Romantic suspense that was third in a series. My review will be posted on November 23.
  • Ghost Ship by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
  • Sudden Death by David Rosenfelt (Kindle) -- Fourth in the Andy Carpenter series which combines Cozy Animal Mystery with Legal Thriller. My review will be posted on November 19)
  • Dragon Ship by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
Currently
Next Week

All review books again.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
  • Dark in Death by J. D. Robb (Kindle) -- On sale and a chance to get a Kindle copy of a book I have in hardcover
  • One Dog Night by David Rosenfelt (Kindle with $5 off coupon)
  • Unleashed by David Rosenfelt (Kindle with $5 off coupon)
  • Leader of the Pack by David Rosenfelt (Kindle with $5 off coupon)
  • Flight Risk by Cherie Priest (Kindle) -- Keeper copy of a book I read in review.
  • Sharp Edges by Jayne Ann Krentz (BookBub, $1.99) -- a Kindle copy of a book I own in print
  • Dead Center by David Rosenfelt (Kindle) -- I've been collecting the Andy Carpenter mysteries when they go on sale, but this one was next, and I like to read most series in order.
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. I love the sound of that bean soup, and I am a big fan of salmon. Enjoy your books and your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salmon and rice pilaf sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made bean soup last week. Perfect for this time of year.

    So many fabulous books on your lists. How do you decide what to read? Other than by review dates.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salmon and rice pilaf sounds delicious! Maybe we will have that tonight...

    I also could use a years supply of orzo! Lol. We love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see any of the World series. :( And we had a bunch of kids for Halloween, too. A big change from the last couple.

    Bean soup sounds delicious. My mom has a recipe she makes and I need to get it from her one of these days. Tastes like autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the World Series too. My team didn't make it but I'll be back next year :) Your books look great, especially the cozies. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's crazy that you had to order orzo by mail. At least you now have a huge supply.

    Glad you are voting! Hope everyone votes!

    The World Series was a big hit around here. Lots of happy Houston Astros fans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a nice week! We didn't have too many trick or treaters this year either. It was a little cold, but nothing unbearable. So we've lots of leftovers I've been trying to stay out of! Lol!.

    Nice lineup for the week! All totally new to me reads here but I hope you will enjoy them all!



    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darktown by Thomas Mullen has been on my TBR for a while. I'm so behind, now he has another book out (maybe more than one) after Darktown. I like Lee Hollis for light reading, and Leslie Meier too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many books - hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love bean soup, good cozy comfort food. Your list of books is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be thinking about you and my other American friends today. As the results come in, I might just hide inside a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah for a quiet week and a good new recipe! Sounds like a pretty great week! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you had a nice week. I am always surprised you can read 30 books a month.
    I am glad that you are enjoying the Andy Carpenter series. I might have to check into the Meg Langslow series.
    Lots of good books for you. Happy Reading! MarthaE

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!