Monday, January 2, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (January 2, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...
Happy New Year Everyone! 

This was a nice, quiet week with lots of reading and record keeping. I wrote my monthly State of the Stack post, finished up my 2022 Reading Log on Google Sheets and set up my 2023 Reading Log. I caught up posting reviews on Amazon for released review books. 

I exceeded my Goodreads goal by reading 381 books this past year. I'm only about an hour or so from finishing my first book of 2023. Instead of changing my goal three or four times at Goodreads, I plan to set it higher to begin with. Maybe 350?

Something unusual...despite having Amazon gift cards burning a hole in my wallet, I didn't find any books I wanted to buy this week.

Yearly Reading Report

I read 381 books in 2022. The total number of pages (including the pages in audiobooks) was 131, 848. According to CAWPILE which rounds to the nearest hour, I listened to 1989 hours of audiobooks. Here are some of the category breakdowns noting that books can be in more than one category.
  • 241 books owned
  • 25 from the TBR Pile
  • 141 review books
  • 173 audiobooks
  • 290 ebooks
  • 106 rereads
According to LibraryThing, I added 542 books to my collection in 2022. 255 are still marked TBR. I added 162 review books and 155 audiobooks. 335 of my new books were for my Kindle. 

I have a total of 2475 books on my TBR pile including 48 review books. Just for my own record keeping, I'm counting books I added before 2022 as being from my TBR pile. My goal is to look for books I added in 2009 first when trying to find something to read when I have an open spot on my calendar since I still have bunches on LibraryThing marked TBR from that year. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Lie to Her by Melinda Leigh (Review; January 17) -- The latest in the Bree Taggart series has her looking for a serial killer who wraps his victims' heads in plastic wrap. My review will be posted on January 11.
  • A Love by Design by Elizabeth Everett (Review; January 17) -- Third in the Secret Scientists of London series reunites childhood sweethearts. She's trying to build a career as an engineer. He's now an Earl and social reformer. My review will be posted on January 10.
  • Play Dead by David Rosenfelt (Mine since 9/15/22) -- Andy Carpenter gets sucked into an old murder case when he rescues a golden retriever from being euthanized. My review will be posted on January 7.
  • Her Last Word by Mary Burton (Audiobook; Mine since 1/3/22) -- Romantic Suspense audiobook about a woman who comes home to make a podcast about the disappearance of her cousin fourteen years earlier. My review will be posted on January 14.
DNF
  • All the Dangerous Things by Stacy Willingham (Review; January 10) -- This one didn't work for me. It was too introspective and too focused on the feelings of a woman who has become obsessed with trying to find her kidnapped son. 
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
None
Bought:
None

What was your week like?

17 comments:

  1. Wow. That's some snowfall record! At most we'll get a few inches, it's a big deal to get like 5 inches or something here. Despite being in the Midwest we don't get a lot of snow in winter. But at the first snowflake you can bet the stores run out of milk, bread, and eggs...all that french toast people want to make! Lol.

    Nice lineup of reads! Some new to me ones throughout but I hope you enjoy your picks for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't imagine reading or listening to almost 400 books in a year. I set my goal this year at the number of books I read last year, which was more than what my goal was then. I've been reading mostly cozy mysteries, but will probably branch out a bit more this year. Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't know if I'm more impressed with your 381 books in 2022 or your snowfall! I can only wish to read that many books in a year (if I could, I'd have a much smaller TBR!), but I don't envy the snow! Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! You are so organized with your book list. Congratulations on surpassing your Goodreads goal. Wishing you the best in 2023!

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you read alot of books in 2022. I hope 2023 is a good reading year too. I have Against the Currant to read. It looks good. Hope you have a great week and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow and Congrats on the number of books you read this year!!

    That is AMAZING!!

    ALL THE DANGEROUS THINGS kept me reading even though it almost had me stopping.

    The ending made it worthwhile, but I know what you mean about it and understand why you didn’t finish it.

    I will have to check out your review of THE VILLA - I stopped reading it. 😊

    Happy New Year of Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on reading so many books last year. Hoping you exceed your goal for this new year too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual, you had a phenomenal year! Hope 2023 brings you joy and good books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 381 is amazing, well done! I hope 2023 will be just as good of a reading year for you. I also love how many audiobooks you've read. I love audiobooks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had an amazing reading year - congratulations! And I think all the end-of-year organizing and planning is a lot of fun, too. Can't say that for breaking the snow record though. Happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! Yeah for all those books year, sounds like this year went very well! I hope you enjoyed Sweep of the Heart! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh! I've got to get my hands on the new P.J. Tracy! I usually listen to them on audio, but maybe I'll try this one in print. Happy New Year! Your record-keeping is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our snowfall can't begin to compare with yours, but we have still had an unusually cold and white fall and winter so far. Our first snow came in mid November and we have been white ever since.
    Happy New Year and happy reading in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We've been getting a lot of snow here is SD too. So glad I don't have to go out in it if I don't want to. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a lot of snow. Not for me.
    You had another great year of reading. I have thought about reading from my oldest books but then I have a healthy group of current in series that I want to get to. Hard choices. LOL.
    I'm glad to see you are still enjoying the Andy Carpenter series.
    Happy New Year, Kathy, and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A bit late, but Happy New Year!!

    Your year of reading is amazing.

    Happy Reading for 2023.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!