Monday, April 24, 2023

It's Monday! What Are We Reading? (April 24, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...
I liked this graphic but it is a little outdated. With additional snow on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, our new snow total is 139.1 inches or roughly the height of an African elephant. We are expecting a few clear days now but there is a potential for still more rain/snow mix this coming weekend. If we get the forecasted temperatures, the precipitation will come as rain. As I look out my windows on this sunny Sunday morning, I'm seeing snow covered lawns and a couple feet of snow where the plows have left it on the sides of the road. 

Since roads were a snow-covered sloppy mess on Friday, I rescheduled my afternoon of medical appointments. The first of the rescheduled will happen this Wednesday instead when the forecast is for sunny with a high near 47. The other two are for the first week in May when, hopefully, there will be no snow.

I have been working really hard these last couple of weeks to rebuild the cushion on my blog and currently have 19 scheduled posts. Another couple of weeks and I will feel better about resuming my In Death rereadathon. Next week I should be heavy into reading May review copies since I still have 5 to go after reading six already. I also have three June releases on my May calendar since they will all be published the first week in June. 

I have also been trying to fit in some of the oldest books and audiobooks on my TBR mountain. This week I lowered the stack by two print books and one audiobook and I have more scheduled for May reading and review. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • The Hollow of Fear by Sherry Thomas (Audiobook; Audible Plus) -- Reread via audiobook of the third book in the Lady Sherlock series. I enjoy the complicated plots and the complex characters in this historical mystery series. My review will be posted on May 2.
  • Playing It Safe by Ashley Weaver (Review; May 9) -- Third in this World War II historical mystery series. My review will be posted on May 3.
  • A Stitch in Time by Kelley Armstrong (Kindle and audiobook mine since November 2, 2020) -- This audiobook was a time travel romance with evil ghosts too. My review will be posted on May 4.
  • Unshapely Things by Mark Del Franco (Mine since May 8, 2007) -- Start of an urban fantasy series starring a Druid who has lost his powers. It was a mystery and had great worldbuilding. My review will be posted on May 4.
  • The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths (Mine) -- Second Ruth Galloway mystery. I'm really enjoying the combination of archaeology and mystery. My review will be posted on May 6.
  • Emily Wilde's Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett (Mine) -- I really enjoyed this historical fantasy told through Emily Wilde's journal entries. My review will be posted on May 9.
  • First Truth by Dawn Cook (Paperback mine since July 5, 2009; Audiobook included in my subscription) -- Entertaining epic fantasy/coming of age story that is the first book in a quartet. My review will be posted on May 9.
  • Summer Reading by Jenn McKinlay (Review; May 16) -- Cute romance between a dyslexic chef and a book-loving man. My review will be posted on May 11.
  • A Novel Disguise by Samantha Larsen (Review; May 16) -- Historical mystery where the main character is a woman who disguises herself as her deceased brother in order to preserve her home and livelihood. My review will be posted on May 10.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
These were each $5 off through a Kindle Promotion:
What was your week like?

16 comments:

  1. You've always got such an array of excellent books - many that go on my TBR!
    Yikes to the snow! Glad you are finally getting nicer weather. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul. Hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you guys have really had a snowy year.

    That new Ashley Weaver looks fun. I think her read her first book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a feeling you'd break that snow record! Enjoy your reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ."..our new snow total is 139.1 inches or roughly the height of an African elephant." Oh em gee! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice! I still need to start that series of Kelley Armstrong's! And I want to read Emily Wilde's...too! Can't wait to read your reviews!

    Happy Reading this week!



    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow to all that snow! We are complaining here about our spring temps only being in the 50s and 60s this week. I guess I should stop complaining! So many of your books look good this week -- too many to list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that a lot of snow. Hope you enjoy your books.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I really can't complain about New England weather. I'm sure we are done with snow.

    Looks like you will easily be able to plow through your reading with so many posts scheduled. You have some great looking books on your list. A Novel Disguise and The House at Sea's End caught my eye this week.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am late to respond to posts this week, and it's a good thing. I discovered your review for Warrior Girl Unearthed, and immediately went to put a copy on reserve. Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those books look so good. Movie Land grabbed my attention. I'll have to add it to my list. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol I’m always posting a day or three behind :)

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh No to more snow! Wow. Makes me even more glad I live in the south.
    I'm lucky to post the week after I read the book. I admire you being scheduled so far ahead.
    You have many good books read and coming up. A Stitch in Time sounds like one I would like. I read Scent of Darkness years ago. I used to read a lot of C Dodd and should revisit some of her books.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that's a lot of snow! I'm glad we haven't gotten any in a while, we're getting street sweepers, and I hope they do the road that I take to work, because there's a ton of gravel, which is not easy to bike on. I really need to read The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies as well, it's getting close to its publication date! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!