Monday, April 10, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 10, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This week saw a bit more snow. We are in 3rd place for most snow in Duluth since records began in 1885. And we are so close to second place... There is still a chance to hit the record since Duluth can get snow into May. 
This week is supposed to be much warmer. It is 42F at 10AM as I'm writing this Sunday morning. Today the high could reach 51F with a possible 69F on Thursday. Now they are predicting flooding since the water will have nowhere to go since the ground is still frozen and covered with snow. I'm really glad to live on the top of a hill but still expect some water in our basement as the snow melts around our foundation.

This week I read a lot. I've been trying to read books that have been on TBR mountain for years and did read three "oldies" I've had since 2009 or earlier. I also took advantage of a double reward points day at Amazon to get Kindle copies of paperbacks that have been on my stack for years. 

This week I need to concentrate on review books. I like having a three-week cushion but I'm barely keeping up. I need to pause my In Death Rereadathon until May 1 so that I can rebuild my cushion. 

This week is my brother's birthday. We plan to go out to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate. I also have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to see what my next steps will be in battling my chronic cough. I have to say I'm getting really tired of coughing. 

Otherwise, the week should be a quiet one. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Obsession in Death by J. D. Robb (Reread; Book 40)
  • Skin Deep by Mark Del Franco (Mine since July 30, 2009) -- Urban fantasy that introduces Druid Laura Blackstone as she tries to prevent a war between Earth and the Fae. My review will be posted on April 11.
  • A Different Dawn by Isabella Maldonado (Audiobook) -- The second Nina Guerrara FBI thriller deals with a serial killer who has ties to her own mysterious past. My review will be posted on April 11.
  • The Librarian of Crooked Lane by C. J. Archer (Mine; Audiobook) -- This historical fantasy set just after World War I stars a young woman newly come to London to try to discover her magical heritage and who finds herself in the middle of a mystery. My review will be posted on April 13.
  • A Wealth of Deception by Trish Esden (Review; April 18) -- The second in the Scandal Mountain Antiques series has the main character discovering art fraud and finding herself in lots of danger. My review will be posted on April 12.
  • Kris Longknife: Tenacious by Mike Shepherd (Mine) -- The 12th episode in the series has Kris discovering the alien invaders' home world, dealing with a rogue subordinate, and preparing to fight an overwhelming force of aliens who want to eliminate all life that isn't theirs. My review will be posted on April 13.
  • Vanish by Tess Gerritson (Mine since November 4, 2006) -- This 5th in the Rizzoli & Isles thriller series was an excellent story with lots of suspense and interesting characters. My review will be posted on April 15.
  • Secret Star by Nora Roberts (Mine; Audiobook) -- The finale in the Stars of Mithra trilogy had a great romance and lots of suspense. My review will be posted on April 18.
  • Scent of Darkness by Christina Dodd (Mine since July 10, 2007) -- The contemporary romantic fantasy begins a four book series. Each book is a romance and each couple has to battle an ancient curse. My review will be posted on April 18.
  • Devoted in Death by J. D. Robb (Reread; Book 41)
  • A Conspiracy in Belgravia by Sherry Thomas (Audiobook) -- This is a reread of the second Lady Sherlock Victorian mystery. I read the review copy back in 2017. My review will be posted on April 25.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

9 comments:

  1. So many people I know got a virus with a cough that just won't go away this year! I actually thought my cough had gotten better finally after being sick before Christmas, but it started up again mid-January and literally has lingered into April. I thought it must be a side effect of the blood pressure medicine that I started right around the same time, because a cough just shouldn't last that long! Hope you can shake it soon.
    The Fall looks good, and Becky Chambers has been on my TBR for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will take my 65-85 degree weather planned for this week. I'm all done with snow.

    Need to check out A Conspiracy in Belgravia. I've been meaning to read that series, but haven't gotten to it yet. The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies also looks interesting.

    Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just so amazed by all you've read in the week and am in awe of your rereading of the In Death series. I have loved Suzanne Brockmann's books, I know she has one new one out, in that series I think, I want to read but might listen to the previous one first as reread. I just put in a hold request at the library for Warrior Girl Unearthed, I liked her first book and hope this one will be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh very nice! Super curious about The Lake House! Sounds like a good creepy read! I can't wait to read your thoughts on it! Hope you enjoy all of your reads lined up for the week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your brother! We went to Texas Roadhouse last week. We always enjoy their food. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a great steak yesterday at Texas Roadhouse. I hope your meal is awesome! It was 70 here today (finally).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the doctor is able to figure out what is going on with your longterm cough. That's miserable.

    Enjoy your outing to Texas Roadhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your brother! At my old job, our two IT guys used to go to Texas Roadhouse every single Friday.

    It looks like you're going to at least get second place with the snow. That's super close. I can't imagine dealing with all that snow. I hope they're wrong about the flooding, but if they're not, I hope it isn't too bad.

    One of my old patients developed a chronic cough. Her regular doctor (I knew her from the ophthalmologist's office) finally put her on gabapentin. I think it worked but it made her so sleepy, she was still miserable. She was constantly trying to find the magic dose for her. I hope your doctor finds something that helps.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snow is so annoying! Late Happy Birthday to your brother! I've gotten a bit behind on comments, so I hope the cushion rebuild worked out okay! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!