Monday, April 3, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 3, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

As I am writing this Sunday mid-morning, I'm watching large puffy flakes of snow fall outside my window. Another snow/freezing rain event is in the forecast for Tuesday until Thursday this week. In March we had a total of 34.9 inches of snow which puts us at the third highest snow total for March since records have been kept. I am getting more than tired of all the snow we've had this winter. It doesn't look like it will be stopping anytime soon. 

Here's the reason I'll be staying inside this week:
The plan is that I'll be following my brother to the place where he will be getting the exhaust system replaced on his car tomorrow morning. It will be the first time I've driven for a few weeks. I'm hoping the roads will be good. It does look like it will be between the snow events. 

Otherwise, my plan is to stay home, read, and watch baseball. I do need to concentrate on reading the books that I made spaces for on my calendar otherwise my blog is going to look pretty bare. I haven't finished a book yet in April but two of the three I'm currently reading are getting close to being finished. 

I wrote my monthly State of the Stack post this week. I read six review books last month and added 12 to the stack. 

March Report

I read 42 books in March with 15,159 pages. Twenty-nine were rereads mostly from the In Death series by J. D. Robb. I also read three from TBR mountain that I've had since before 2022 and six review books. I only read two audiobooks in March. 

I added 41 books to my LibraryThing account including 12 review books and 4 audiobooks from Chirp. Thirty of the new additions are still unread. Nine of the new additions were from BookBub emails and one from the Book Perk emails I received. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Final Jeopardy by Linda Fairstein (Mine since January 30, 2009) -- This is the first Alexandra Cooper mystery. I enjoyed the NYC setting and the main character who was complex. My review will be posted on April 6.
  • How to Date Your Dragon by Molly Harper (Mine since April 30, 2021) -- This audiobook is contemporary urban fantasy and a romance too. Human anthropologist visits a town where humans and supernaturals live in peace to find out how they do it. She also falls in love with a dragon shifter and is almost the victim of a serial killer. My review will be posted on April 6.
Currently
  • Skin Deep by Mark Del Franco (Mine since July 31, 2009) -- 83% finished
  • A Different Dawn by Isabella Maldonado (Audiobook; mine since January 7) -- 72% finished
  • Obsession in Death by J. D. Robb (Reread, Book 40) -- 9% finished
Next Week
In Death Reread:
Audiobooks:
TBR Mountain:
  • Vanish by Tess Gerritsen (Mine since November 4, 2006)
  • Into the Flame by Christina Dodd (Mine since September 13, 2008)
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:

Bought:
What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. You had another great month! Enjoy April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reading month you had in March. I hope April is a good month too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reading month you had! I hope April is just as good and spring comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much snow!! Hopefully you guys see an end to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to try books by Molly Harper and Thomas Mullen. So sorry about all that snow! We lucked out in southeastern Massachusetts this year, so I think you might have accidentally been given ours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd rather deal with snow than all the severe storms we're about to get starting overnight. This is the part of living in the Midwest I hate the most! You'd think living here all my life, I'd be used to it, but my anxiety gets racked up every year with the storms...so I'm not used to it all I'd say!

    Nice reading lineup! I still need to read Emily Wilde's Encyclopedia of Faeries! It sounds like my kind of read! I know it's not necessarily in your lineup for this week but I saw it in you post and just had to comment! Lol! Your lineup is filled with mostly new to me reads but I hope you enjoy them all this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is dragging its heels here too, although you're getting way more snow than us. It's been rainy here.

    I always think watching baseball would be fun but I never seem to make time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a month!! I never did read the JD Robb series, I'm currently reading Stephanie Plum series, and haven't read as much as I wanted to in March! Thanks for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does feel like you have had more snow than usual this year. I do hope that spring comes soon. I'm sure you delight in the arrival of spring more than we do down here, since winter is such a mild season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, snow is basically the worst! But March had great progress in the In Death series, yeah! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!