Monday, February 5, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (February 6, 2024)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a nice quiet week. The temperatures were above average, and the roads are snow free. Since my brother needed a chauffeur when he brought his car in for some work on his muffler, I appreciated the clear roads. 

I did manage to get a few books off my review stack around my listening to a bunch of books about Herald Mags, mysteries and Companions. I also wrote my monthly State of the Stack post and tallied up my January statistics.

The big excitement of the week was having a guy in to clean all of the carpets which hasn't been done since we moved in. Even though we are generally tidy, six years is a long time to go between carpet cleanings. I was surprised at how well the living room carpet turned out. The bedroom carpets aren't as sturdy and should go on the list of things to replace sooner rather than later. I think they are likely original to when the house was built more than 30 years ago. 

Next week is free of appointments and should provide a lot of nice reading time. 

January Report

I read 37 books in January including 21 audiobooks and 11 review books. My page total was 12,991 and hours listened were 241. 

I added 62 books to my collection last month including 9 review copies from NetGalley. Twenty-eight of the new books were audiobooks which included the use of one credit, getting 11 from Chirp, 10 from a recent Audible Sale, and adding on 6 via Whispersync. Eleven of my new additions are rereads mostly via audiobook. 

Total still on the TBR pile from January additions is 53. My total TBR from all time is 2534. 

Read Last Week
  • Bastion by Mercedes Lackey (Audiobook; Mine) -- Finale of the Collegium Chronicles. Epic fantasy. My review will be posted on March 14.
  • The Boy Who Cried Bear by Kelley Armstrong (Review; February 20) -- Second book in the Haven's Rock thriller series. My review will be posted on February 14.
  • Murder in Masquerade by Mary Winters (Review; February 20) -- So-so historical mystery. I enjoyed the plot but found the characters too modern in thought and action for 1860. My review will be posted on February 13.
  • Closer to Home by Mercedes Lackey (Audiobook; Mine) -- First in the Herald Spy trilogy. Epic Fantasy. My review will be posted on March 26.
  • The Last Word by Gerri Lewis (Review; February 20) -- Fledgling obituary writer needs to solve the murder of one of her clients. My review will be posted on February 15.
  • Closer to the Heart by Mercedes Lackey (Audiobook; Mine) -- Middle book in the Herald Spy trilogy. Epic Fantasy. My review will be posted on April 2.
  • A Smoking Bun by Ellie Alexander (Review; February 20) -- Eighteenth in a cozy series. Takes place in Oregon at a small town with a ski resort. Interesting characters. My review will be posted on February 17.
  • I Only Read Murder by Ian Ferguson & Will Ferguson (Review; February 27) -- Humorous mystery starring a ditzy, has-been actress who comes to a small town in the Pacific Northwest to reconnect with her husband and solve the murder of the lead actress in a community play. My review will be posted on February 20.
  • Closer to the Chest by Mercedes Lackey (Audiobook; Mine) -- Third in the Herald Spy trilogy. Epic fantasy. My review will be posted on April 9.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
Audiobooks
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. Great selection of books.I actually have a few of these on my TBR list. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quiet weeks are always nice and you read so many good books in January. I love the Deanna Rayborne series and am looking forward to the newest release in it. I needs to seriously catch up on some Armstrong books - she is such a prolific author. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of great mysteries listed. Awesome reading month last month, Kathy! Happy reading ☕📚🐉🤗🫶

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like quiet weeks! I should probably look into getting our carpets professionally cleaned. It's been awhile. I am glad you had a good reading month in January. Quite a few of the books you read this past week are on my wish list or TBR shelves. I hope you are enjoying your current reads!

    Have a great week, Kathy, and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post reminds me how overdue our carpets are for a cleaning. Glad you had a nice, quiet week. Great books this week. I've been wanting to read I Only Read Murder. Hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love those quiet weeks. You had a great reading month in January. I hope February is a good month too. I Only Read Murder looks good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Quiet weeks are always nice too! These are mostly new to me reads lined up here! Although I am looking forward to Kelley's next book (even if I am always terribly behind on her stuff!)!

    Happy Reading!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many books! I used to read Mercedes Lackey, it's been a while but I might have to look those ones up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh Haven's Rock is on book 2 already. I'm so behind, still in Rockton, but I guess that means I have a nice binging ahead of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful to have someone come in and clean thoroughly, I think, especially with carpets.

    Enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an incredible number of books read in a month! Hooray for clean carpets too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on reading 37 books! My house was built in the 1980s and still has its original carpets. They're so thin that I'm afraid to get them cleaned. They might disintegrate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As someone who used to work for a carpet cleaning company, it feels like most people get them cleaned once a year, or never, so at least you got them done! Otherwise sounds like a pretty good week! I really enjoyed How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse so I hope if you pick it up, you like it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!