Monday, February 19, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (February 19, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was still another quiet week. The weather remains unseasonable though we did go through a bit of a cold snap this week with temperatures in the single digits in the morning. Next week should see a return to warmer temperatures. There is still no snow in the forecast which I am finding enjoyable. Without snow, I have been taking my car out for little drives which is very unusual for me. I usually don't drive at all from December through February since the roads are so often snow covered. 

I am looking forward to the next season of The Voice which starts next Monday and Spring Training baseball which also starts this week. I got an email informing me of my auto-renewal of MLB.TV which means baseball isn't too far away. The first game I can watch is on February 22 on ESPN featuring the Dodgers and Padres. I can listen to the Braves vs Phillies via MLB.TV on the 27th. The first Braves game I can watch will be on February 28 also with the Phillies. I haven't looked far enough ahead to see when I can watch a game with the new Braves announcers. 

I'm continuing my rereadathon of the In Death series. I have listened to the first 30 of the stories. Next up is Indulgence in Death which is book 31. I also have another audiobook in my plans this week. Since I have the fifth Medlar mystery by Jude Deveraux on my review stack, I need to catch up. I've read the first two in the series and the third is on TBR mountain as an audiobook which I will listen to this week. I have the fourth in the series on my Kindle but may use one of my Audible credits to get the audiobook.

My brother and I have been working diligently to eat the leftovers in the refrigerator, so I haven't tried any new recipes this week. He's off on Monday and Tuesday which means he'll be cooking. This is good because the rest the week he'll be working through the dinner hour which leaves me on my own for dinners. I have no idea what he'll be in the mood to cook but anything is better than having to do the cooking myself. 

Read Last Week
  • Speculations in Sin by Jennifer Ashley (Review; March 5) -- Kat Halloway has to find out who is embezzling and who killed a clerk at a bank if she wants to save her friend's husband from taking the fall for the crime. My review will be posted on February 27.
  • Salvation in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • A Deadly Endeavor by Jenny Adams (Review; March 5) -- Socialite Edie Shippen and Doctor Gil Lawless need to track down a serial killer in 1921 Philadelphia. My review will be posted on February 29.
  • Cirque Du Slay by Rob Osler (Review; March 5) -- This mystery was filled with quirky LGBTQ+ characters and was very entertaining. My review will be posted on February 28.
  • Promises in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • Kindred in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley (Audiobook Reread) -- This epic fantasy won a Newbery Honor Award in 1983. I loved it then and still loved it as I heard the story for the first time this week. My review will be posted on March 5.
  • Fantasy in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread) 
  • Black Wolf by Juan Gomez-Jurado (Review; March 12) -- Second in the Antonia Scott thriller series. This one has Jon and Antonia trying to find the widow of a mafia don who is also being searched for by her husband's boss and a mysterious assassin. My review will be posted on March 5.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

13 comments:

  1. I know you will be happy with the return of baseball season. And isn't it crazy that snow has been rare this year?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a sports fan normally, but I did watch the SuperBowl and all the ads! Hae fun watching your sports this winter/spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a baseball fan but I do like that they mark the start of warmer weather! I read The Blue Sword for the first time a few years ago and really liked it. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh very nice! These are some new to me ones! I hope you enjoy all your books lined up for this week! Can't wait to get back to Kelley's series! Just hope my copy gets to me soon!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to baseball season and my Yankees. I don't usually get the spring training games, but I'll be making sure. I've been thinking about reading the In Death series, but there are just so many books in the series. I already read the first 2 years ago. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you've had good weather. Spring training and pre-season is fun to watch. Usually too busy after that, but we try to attend two or three Red Sox games a season.

    Great book list. You're getting so much accomplished. Hope you enjoy your week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_02091337683.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m looking forward to watching The Voice again as well! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Murder by Lamplight sounds awesome. And it's been relatively snowy free here as well, although we did get some flurries

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm amazed once again at how many books you manage to read, and I love the variety.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not know anything about baseball and I am in the same position re leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really lucky that my husband does most of the cooking around here. When I cook we eat it for at least two days and then I freeze the rest into lunch meals for myself.
    It sounds like you had another great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I hope you enjoy A Forgotten Murder and A Grave Robbery, I love both authors and series! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!