Monday, February 12, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (February 12, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was another nice, quiet week. With no snow on the ground, I took my car out for a drive to the grocery store four times this week. Cub had a special on the kind of pop I drink but didn't have any in stock any of the times I went there. I did get a rain check so that I can wait until they restock on Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi. 

Otherwise, I spent the week at home reading and listening. I was approved for a book at NetGalley that I requested quite a while ago. I also got six other ARCs from NetGalley. Naturally the one I requested and finally received has a pretty short turnaround date. I'm currently reading it. To make a space for it, I moved the audiobook I was going to post to March 28.

I'm still enjoying my In Death Rereadathon and have about 30 more to go before I am up to date. It is nice to have something I know I'll enjoy as I'm reading review books that are new to me. As a way of avoiding review books, I set up my blog calendar for March which again is mostly filled with review books. I have 38 draft posts mostly waiting for my reviews and 27 scheduled posts. 

Our cooking adventures this week include a recipe my brother found in the local newspaper. We're making Sheetpan Quesadillas today. I didn't even know he liked quesadillas. BTW. using a stand mixer to shred chicken breasts was a wonderful new discovery for me. I did that this morning and don't think I'll ever hand-shred a chicken breast again. I hope the recipe is good!

Next week should be another quiet one. I have no appointments and, other than my quest for Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi, no reason to leave the house. I have lots of good books on my stack now that I'm into my March review copies. 

Read Last Week
  • Leave No Trace by A. J. Landau (Review; February 27) -- Near future thriller in which a Park Ranger and FBI Agent need to track down terrorists who want to bring down the government and are starting by destroying national monuments. My review will be posted on February 21.
  • Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay (Mine; Audiobook) -- First in Cupcake Bakery cozy mystery series. My review will be posted on March 28.
  • Creation in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread)
  • The Rumor Game by Thomas Mullen (Review; February 27) -- World War II mystery set in Boston. My review will be posted on February 22.
  • The Unquiet Bones by Loreth Anne White (Review; March 5) -- Thriller about a cop dealing with the disappearance of her fiance who catches a Cold Case of a young woman missing since 1976 whose bones are found in a construction project. My review will be posted on February 27.
  • Strangers in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) 
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

13 comments:

  1. Lots of very interesting reads here. Enjoy them all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! That's a neat trick about the shredded chicken! I'll have to remember that one!

    Nice lineup of reads too! All new to me ones here but I hope you enjoy your picks for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about using a stand up mixer to shred chicken. Interesting. I tried some new recipes for Super Bowl sunday and made 2 types of sliders with Hawaiian rolls and also some Brown sugar bacon little smokies. Lots of good books this week. Wonder why Netgalley approvals come in waves. I wish I didn't have to leave the house this week. I work at home which makes leaving that much more harder. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kathy, thank you for that tip on shredding chicken breasts. What a wonderful discovery. Enjoy that fabulous dinner today ☕📚🐉🤗🫶

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice week. Deadlines is the challenge with NetGalley. Your books look great, especially A Deadly Endeavor and Six Geese A-Slaying.

    My son gifted me with a NY Times cooking calendar this year. We are loving trying the new recipes.

    Hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheet pan quesadillas sounds really interesting... think I'll google a recipe for that. Your books look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to Speculations in Sin publishing. You are right when reading a lot of unknowns its great to have something else going that you know is a sure winner for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That definitely sounds like an easier way to shred chicken. I like the Flavia de Luce books so much. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you enjoy all these new books! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great books on your list. I'm still trying to get through February's books. I should really do an In Death marathon. I only read the first two books and that was a very long time ago. I should re-read them and then go through the rest of the series. It's a great series. Hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I read a lot sometimes, you are a super reader.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't requested a book on NetGalley for a long time. Happy reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I only had 38 draft posts of reviews. I currently have over 600 because I'm crazy and can't read everything that I want to read. Yeah for a good quiet week, and for the In Death reread! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!