Monday, September 30, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 30, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

Last week was a lovely sunny one. We had record breaking temperatures (for Duluth in September) on a number of days. I ran the air conditioning during the day but turned the heat on for the overnights. Cool mornings, sunny skies and warm temperatures make for a perfect Fall here. 

The baseball season is coming to an end, and it is quite exciting for my Braves who are teetering in the edge of making the playoffs. I'm writing this Sunday morning. Later today will be the last day of the regular season. However, the Braves have a doubleheader scheduled for tomorrow to make up games lost when a hurricane impacted play last week. Today's game is a must-win. The importance of tomorrow's games depends on today's results. 

I do have an appointment with my gastroenterologist tomorrow which I hope will answer some questions about why I haven't been feeling well for a while. The appointment overlaps the baseball games I want to see. I'm very happy that I have MLB.TV and will still be able to see the games when I get back home. 

Last week, we made a turkey breast and had a Thanksgiving dinner preview which was delicious. I also made some turkey noodle soup which I've been eating all week. We had hot turkey sandwiches one day too. I think there are still some turkey leftovers hiding in the refrigerator. 

Last week, I also set up my November calendar and set up the draft posts. It was also time to do my State of the Stack post which will be published later on Monday. After a couple of weeks with few additions to my review stack or TBR pile, this week I added five new review copies and Kindle/Audible copies of a series I read many years ago and want to reread. 

Today we are trying a new recipe for country-style pork ribs. Actually, my brother is cooking. He's also making potato salad to go along with the ribs. There will be leftovers! Since he works over the dinner hour four of his five shifts this week, I like having leftovers which makes my dinner planning easy. 

Read Last Week
  • A New Lease on Death by Olivia Blacke (Review; October 29) -- Begins a new series with an interesting pair of detectives - a ghost and a 20-year-old who moves into the ghost's apartment. My review will be posted on October 22.
  • Siren's Call by Jayne Castle (Audiobook Reread)
  • Divine by Choice by P. C. Cast (Mine since July 10, 2009) -- This paranormal romance/urban fantasy was one of the reason's I bought my first Kindle. My review will be posted on October 23. 
  • Illusion Town by Jayne Castle (Audiobook Reread)
  • Smash Cut by Sandra Brown (Mine since August 18, 2009) -- Fast-paced romantic suspense/legal thriller. My review will be posted on October 24.
  • Sacred Ground by Mercedes Lackey (Mine; Chirp Audiobook/Kindle) -- Filled with Native American mythology as an Osage Private Investigator investigates insurance fraud and discovers an ancient evil. My review will be posted on October 24.
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart (Mine since January 6, 2010) -- Middle Grade fantasy/adventure that begins a series. I don't feel like I need to read more of them. My review will be posted on October 26.
  • Pike Island by Tony Wirt (Review; November 1) -- Excellent dual timeline thriller. I couldn't put it down. My review will be posted on October 29.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

5 comments:

  1. Good luck to your Braves. I have MLB TV too. I hope everything goes well at the doctor and you get some answers. Enjoy your books. They look really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have some awesome books here, Kathy. I hope enjoy each one of them 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your books always have the best titles! I'm going to look for The Author's Guide to Murder. I've liked the books by Lauren Willig that I've read. Also will add Old Detectives Home to the TBR, or maybe I should wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, it looks like you've read some great books this week. Old Detectives Home looks hilarious, but unfortunately, isn't available at any of my local libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your appointment gives you good answers!

    The turkey and soup sound delicious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!