Friday, March 4, 2011

Book Beginning & Friday 56: This Side of the Grave

Happy Friday everybody!!

Book Beginnings
 
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages 

Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. 

If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.
 
The Friday 56

Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Freda's Voice
  • Post a link along with your post back to Freda's Voice
  • Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.



I had to read This Side of Grave by Jeaniene Frost as soon as it was published and got to my house. It was wonderful. This is the most recent book in Frost's Night Huntress series. Cat and Bones are two wonderful urban fantasy characters. If you are looking for kick-butt heroines and sexy vampire heroes, you can't go wrong with this series.


Beginning:
The vampire pulled on the chains restraining him to the cave wall.
Page 56, Sentence 5:
"And I thought you won the freak award as a half-breed, Commander," Cooper murmured.

9 comments:

  1. Love the one from page 56! LOL Sounds good.

    Here's mine: http://proudbooknerd.com/2011/03/04/book-beginnings-the-friday-56-the-hunt-of-the-unicorn/

    ReplyDelete
  2. P. 56 made me giggle...both are intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice snippets... I see this book a lot on different blogs, I guess I need to checkout this series...Here is mine...Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Although I'm not much into werewolves and vampires this sounds interesting. Love the book cover. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/friday-56.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not big into paranormal...but those are great snippets!

    Here's my Beginning: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-beginnings-on-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not big on vampires (except when Buffy get to slay them or Marcus Sedgwick writes about them), but I loved the page 56 quote.

    http://mostraum.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/book-beginnings-on-friday-march-4th-2011/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just like you read it as soon as got the book in my hands and loved it from page one all the way through Kathy, especially the snarky parts where even Mencheres character showed a humorous side!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, I'm sold!

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Great excerpt from page 56!

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!