Sunday, March 27, 2011

In My Mailbox (March 27, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I added a variety of books to my TBR stack this week.
Demon Hunts by C. E. Murphy - I just read and reviewed the sixth book in this series from an eARC from NetGalley and then realized that I had missed this fifth in a series book. I like this urban fantasy series and had to fill in the gap. 

Breaking the Rules by Suzanne Brockmann is the latest in a series that I have been following for years. The series began in 2000 and this is book 16. These are romantic suspense and still very enjoyable.

Vampires: The Recent Undead edited by Charlaine Harris has stories by lots of authors that I already read and love. 
My friend Bev called these to my attention. We have them on our Kindle. Branded by Keary Taylor and Forsaken by Keary Taylor are paranormal romances.
I visited NetGalley again this week and chose these books as follow-ups to books I read and reviewed from NetGalley earlier. Creed's Honor by Linda Lael Miller is a contemporary romance and The Vampire Narcise by Colleen Gleason is a historical paranormal.
I also chose The Wedding of the Century anthology primarily because it has a story by Mary Jo Putney. The Restorer by Amanda Stevens is the beginning of a new urban fantasy trilogy. Cowboy, Take Me Away by Kathleen Eagle is a trip down memory road for me. I used to read a lot of Eagle's Western romances and and wanted to revisit that time.

Those were my additions to the TBR stack. What did you get this week?

14 comments:

  1. What a great set of books! Nice diversity ;) I hope you love them all! You can stop over and check out my mailbox here: http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice selection of books! I really enjoyed The Vampire Narcise! Possibly my fave from the trilogy so far!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week. I love when authors make really long series - I have read a few that have over ten books to them and still seem to be going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very diverse! I am going to have to check out Creed Honor and Breaking teh rules.

    If your are intersted My IMM Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some great books. I especially like the sound of Vampires: The Recent Undead.

    Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Vampire Recent Undead has a great cover. What's this I see... Keary Taylor.. who is this and what works are these. Going to look these up next.

    You got the Restorer! Kathy this is an incredible IMM. Jealous to bits

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wide variety of covers! Some of those vampire ones look pretty scary....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great selection of books this week!

    I also love Suzanne Brockmann's books and can't wait to read your review!

    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the first three Walker paper books but somehow missed books four and five and picked up with Spirit Dances from netgalley as well! I'll have to complete the series as well...I love the covers of this series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome books! Vampires: The Recent Undead looks intriguing, and I'll looks forward to your thoughts on Branded and Forsaken (so maybe I can get them on MY kindle too...). Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great reads this week! I'm a new follower! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! I love the covers of the Fall of Angels books. I've never heard of them before, but I've written them on my list of books to check out!
    Have a great week :)
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've to stop to ask for galleys in NetGalley. I've too much too read, but I love Linda Lael Miller! Alright, this is going to be the last one! u_u

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!