Sunday, March 13, 2011

In My Mailbox (March 13, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

This was another one of those weeks when I went a little crazy (make that a lot crazy!) adding books to the TBR mountain.
I received Night Road by Kristin Hannah for review from St. Martin's Press because I clicked a link in the Shelf Awareness newsletter. It will be published on March 22.

I bought Kiss Me, Kill Me by Allison Brennon because I enjoyed Love Me to Death which is the first book in the series. This one is also a thriller.

I bought The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. It is the sequel to The Name of the Wind which has been sitting on my TBR stack for a couple of years. The Name of the Wind has recently been chosen as one of the ten best science fiction books of the last decade. These are epic fantasy books. I dug The Name of the Wind out of the stack and got the sequel. Both books are huge!
I am a big fan of Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series of urban fantasy. Since I also follow their blog, I was pleased to note that they had made some of their other work available for the Kindle. I bought Curran: Volume I, Silent Blade and Of Swine and Roses.
I also added Kaylayna Price's Grave Witch to my Kindle. I have read and enjoyed a couple of other books by her and am eager to read this one.

I also bought Wilder's Mate by Moira Rogers for my Kindle. I am a fan of her work and loved this Old West paranormal with a bit of steampunk added. Look for my review to be posted soon.

Then, I couldn't let the week pass without adding a bunch of free books to my Kindle. Here are the ones that I chose this week.
Ellora's Cave made a bunch of books from their Scintillating Samples line available. I chose Shelley's Secret by Jean Hart Stewart. This is a contemporary romance. I also chose Holiday Hostage by Kelly Fitzpatrick which is also a contemporary romance. And the last one I chose was Love Pursued by Sandra Heath which is a sweet historical romance. 
I also added No Fear by Allie Harrison. This one sounds like a spooky tale of romantic suspense.

One Small Victory by Maryann Miller is another romantic suspense title.

Grave Illusions by Lina Gardner is a paranormal/urban fantasy about vampires. 
Murder in Passy by Cara Black is a mystery and is in the Aimee Leduc series. I really hope it is the first. Fantastic Fiction lists it as book 11 though.

Wild Sight by Loucinda McGary is a romantic suspense novel with elements of the supernatural. 

Highest Stakes by Emery Lee is historical fiction taking place in 17th Century England. 

These ought to keep me busy for a while. What did you get in your mailbox this week?


9 comments:

  1. This is as usual a big mailbox! enjoy the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of books. Happy reading to you!

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grave Witch looks great! I am going ot have to check it out! Check out My Week Here . Hope you have a greeat week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Wilder's Mate. It's only the 2nd steampunk book I've read. BIG Moira Rogers fan :-)


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Night Road sounds interesting. A great IMM!:) Happy reading.

    http://jamielovesya.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-march-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have a huge IMM! I haven't heard of any of those books but Grave Witch looks really good! Hope you enjoy all of them.

    My IMM post can be found here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bunch of reads, thanks for letting me know about Ilona and Gordon adding the books to Amazon since my sweetie finally got my KINDLE DX this past weekend have had fun reading 2 full length review books one of my full length freebies have had forever and a couple of the short free novellas have had on my Kindle archives for about 6 months... My eye surgery this past Wednesday the 9th did not slow me down on the ereader but has done so a bit on my computer..
    Hope you are doing well Kathy and that either your new eyeglasses have come in or will soon, Happy Reading of all those wonderful books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!