Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: River Marked by Patricia Briggs

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is from the wonderful River Marked by Patricia Briggs. This is the sixth in her Mercy Thompson series and it begins with a surprise wedding - a really interesting concept. Right now Adam and Mercy are on their honeymoon and are having their first married fight.
He'd gotten mad when he thought I was going to get mad at him for not telling me about the trailer. It was his belief that I would get mad about it that had hurt him. I wiggled my hips into a more comfortable position and tried to think like Adam -- a very smart person poisoned by testosterone.
This story has been great so far. I have laughed out loud quite a few times at Mercy's unique take on life and her quips. She is such a wonderful character - strong without being hard.

12 comments:

  1. It does look like a fun book. Thanks!
    My teaser this week is from ‘Mad Love’ by Suzanne Selfors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser! Can't wait for your review! I've been holding back on buying this one for some reason.

    Here's my teaser

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha...what an image! A "smart person poisoned by testosterone"....

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really flirtatious teaser! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THat got me laughing. I really, really need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting teaser. Sounds like a fun book. I'm not sure what to think about a "surprise wedding," though!

    Here's my tease.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! Love the Mercy Thompson series. Glad you are enjoying it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!