The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.
My book buying ban ended on Monday and I went crazy for books this week. The eclectic nature of the books I bought pretty accurately reflects the kinds of books I like to read.
I bought these print books:
I bought the next two book in Bella Andre's romance series The Bad Boys of Football. I recently read Game for Anything and really enjoyed it. So I bought Game for Seduction and Game for Love. I can hardly wait to read these.
I got River Marked by Patricia Briggs because I am a fan of the series. Mercy Thompson is one of my favorite paranormal heroines.
I have heard so many intriguing things about A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness that I just had to buy it. Amazon named it one of the best books of the month for February.
Somehow Crossfire by Dick Francis had slid under my radar. I guess because Francis had passed away I wasn't looking for one more mystery by him. When I saw that there was one more, I had to add it to my stack. I really love his style and will miss getting a new Dick Francis each year.
I also received for review A World I Never Made by James LePore. This is a thriller that takes place in 2004 and has lots of terrorists and travels through Europe. I am enjoying it so far.
And I couldn't forget my Kindle this week. I added a bunch of free books.
- The World from Rough Stones by Malcolm Macdonald -- historical family drama
- The Sword Lord: The Fifth Planet by Robert Leader -- science fiction, fantasy, romance
- Last Night's Kiss by Shirley Hailstock -- contemporary romance
- Nate: Devils on Horseback, Book 1 by Beth Williamson -- post-Civil War historical
- Michal by Jill Eileen Smith -- Biblical fiction in the time of King David
- Love Me If You Must by Nichole Young -- mystery
- What a Demon Wants by Kathy Love -- free paranormal mystery romance
I also bought The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch for my Kindle after I read on someone't blog that it was their favorite book and that they re-read it frequently. I had to see what the story was like.
I also got some books to share with my friend Bev. Through a variety of circumstances, I have two Kindle 2s. I let my friend and co-worker Bev borrow my second Kindle. Every so often she buys some of the books that are loaded onto our Kindles. These were her choices for us to get this week:
- The Darkest Prison by Gena Showalter
- Gena Showalter's Atlantis Series Bundle
- Lords of the Underworld Bundle by Gena Showalter
What did you get this week? What should I read first?