Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: A World I Never Made by James LePore

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



This week my teaser is from the suspense novel A World I Never Made by James LePore. This is his debut novel which was published in March of 2009 in hard cover and in March of 2010 in paperback. His newest book  -- Anyone Can Die -- came out Feb. 22. 
Megan was good at withholding information and telling lies, big and small. She knew the protective value of secretiveness, of pretending to be surprised, or not surprised, upon hearing certain things.
The jacket blurb says: "A World I Never Made is an atmospheric novel of suspense with brilliantly drawn characters and back-stories as compelling as the plot itself. It is the kind of novel that resonates deeply and leaves its traces long after you turn the final page." I hope that is right! I look forward to finding out. 

7 comments:

  1. This looks interesting. Is it YA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh that's cool! I think my face sometimes reveals too much if I hear something relevant to the secret!

    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, interesting. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like she was a good actress.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I'll be adding one more title to my (already ridiculously huge) TBR list! Excellent teaser.

    TT: A Book of One's Own

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!