Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (April 25, 2011)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I had a pretty up and down reading week. I didn't read very much on my trip which consumed Monday through Wednesday but I made up for it during our Easter Break. I am finally making a dent in my stack of books to review.
I finished reading and reviewing all of the books I have gotten from Amazon Vine. 

Favorite by Karen McQuestion was a contemporary young adult with an interesting and sympathetic main character. My review will be posted on April 25.

Nickel Plated by Aric Davis was a mystery with an unusual anti-hero for a main character. I liked the language in this one. My review will be posted on April 28.

Strings Attached by Judy Blundell was historical fiction. It was a romance, a coming-of-age story, and a mystery. My review will be posted on April 27.
The Restorer by Amanda Stevens was romantic suspense from NetGalley. I enjoyed this one a lot and look forward to the sequels. My review will be posted on April 28.

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter is her young adult debut novel. It is hard to describe but I loved it. Kate has to pass tests in order to prolong her mother's life and save her own. Look for my review on April 30.
Moving away from review books for a while, I grabbed Quicksilver by Amanda Quick. This is the second book in the Looking Glass trilogy. I love it when Jayne Ann Krentz writes as Amanda Quick. Her historical settings and quirky characters always draw me in. My review will be posted on April 30.

I am currently reading:

Bumped by Megan McCafferty -- This one is a young adult dystopia that I got from NetGalley. The premise here is that boys and girls lose their fertility by age 19 and need to have babies before that. The whole baby business has become a business with girls looking for lucrative contracts to sell their babies.
Next Week:
I have more review books to read.

Ascension: A Dark Breed Novel  by Sable Grace is on my computer as an Adobe Digital Edition from NetGalley. This one is adult urban fantasy.

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente is a middle grade contemporary fantasy sent to my by Feiwel & Friends.

Tomorrow Girls: Behind the Gates by Eva Gray came to me from Scholastic. This is a young adult dystopia.

If I finish these, I have a couple of new arrivals that I want to read and donate to my High School Media Center. 
Defiance by Lili St. Crow is the fourth in the Strange Angels series.

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan is the tenth in that series. 

That is what I read and what I have planned. What are your plans?


13 comments:

  1. I would love to read Quicksilver myself!
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent selection last week and an ambitious one this week. Enjoy. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy - oooh lots of nice books! Now I want to read some Quick/Krentz. And the Dark Breed book and the dystopia sound good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good reading ahead of you. I do like the look of The Restorer - will have to see if I can find it here.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Goddess Test looks really good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover for The Restorer is so fantastic I'm totally adding that to my TBR list! Please feel free to stop by my Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at those Goddess Test cover send me alert to start reading it. >.<

    It's All About Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's a lot! Hope you liked The Goddess Test, will have to look for your review! I read that earlier and really liked it. I'm a big Greek mythology fan!!

    I also have Defiance on my TBR pile that I can't wait to read, but I have to read 2 books for review first. But then it's Defiance!!

    Here's my Monday wrapup

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should have such a up and down week like you. My week ended a bit sadly, but I hope this week is better. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read Bump, but it is getting such mixed reviews. I'll be interested to see what you think of it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Favorite sounds interesting! Have a great week Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coming up I'll be reading a Harry Harrison book, more manga, more assigned reading for school and whatever else strikes my fancy. Come see what I finished this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to read Krentz/Quick and am wondering now why I stopped.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!