Saturday, April 23, 2011

Review: The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

The Perfect Play
Author: Jaci Burton
Publication: Berkley Trade (February 1, 2011)


Description: The last thing event planner Tara Lincoln needs is the jet-set lifestyle of a football pro like Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand proved that Mick is an all-star-both on the field and in the bedroom. 

Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn't intend to put herself out there again, especially with a certified heartbreaker. But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind to catch this sultry vixen.




My Thoughts: This was a hot romance! Mick Riley was a sexy, yet vulnerable, romantic hero. He is a professional football player in control of his sport and of his life. But love can throw even the most determined off track.


Tara Lincoln is an event planner who is busy trying to grow her business and raise her fourteen-year-old son. She doesn't have time to devote to a romance. Love is out to get her too.


Mick and Tara have a great sexual relationship and try to convince themselves that it is all they want from the other. But they gradually get involved in other aspects of their partner's life and the sexual part just isn't enough anymore. 


Will they be able to overcome their fears and rearrange their plans to make room for a relationship? This was a nice, spicy romance between two strong adults which explores modern relationships. Romance lovers will enjoy this one.


Favorite Quote:
The copper-colored strapless gown cinched in at her bust, waist, and hips, then fell in magical waves to the floor, and was the most beautiful thing Tara had ever worn. And the shoes--God, the shoes. Strappy and stiletto with with a cute bow over the toes. They matched the dress, and she wanted to sleep with them until she died.
I purchased my copy at Amazon. I bought the print edition but it is also available as an ebook in the Kindle store. The bargain hunter in me went for print because it was less expensive.

1 comment:

  1. There are certain books I am drawn into and become must reads for me based soley on it's cover. This is one of them. Thanks for the review. I look forward to reading this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!