Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Memes: Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting a recent addition to my TBR mountain. I got Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells recently when it was a Kindle Daily Deal. Here is the description from Amazon:
MAGIC IS A DRUG. CAREFUL HOW YOU USE IT.

The Magical Enforcement Agency keeps dirty magic off the streets, but there's a new blend out there that's as deadly as it is elusive. When patrol cop Kate Prospero shoots the lead snitch in this crucial case, she's brought in to explain herself. But the more she learns about the investigation, the more she realizes she must secure a spot on the MEA task force.

Especially when she discovers that their lead suspect is the man she walked away from ten years earlier - on the same day she swore she'd given up dirty magic for good. Kate Prospero's about to learn the hard way that crossing a wizard will always get you burned, and that when it comes to magic, you should never. say never.
Beginning:
It was just another fucked-up night in the Cauldron.
Friday 56: 
Harry shrugged. "Figured you'd be more likely to agree if I said I was him."
"You were correct. Why is he out there while you're in here?"

3 comments:

  1. I just got this from the library. I hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the beginning.
    I added this to the linky too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great - I wanted to read it last year when it was released, but didn't get around to it. I definitely have to!

    Check out my 56.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!