Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Memes: Demon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Demon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George. This was Kindle Daily Deal in January and was compared to the Sookie Stackhouse books. Here is the description:
Shy, self-conscious Evie Douglass tries to stay under the radar, especially when petite socialite Meredith Starr Peterson, aka The Death Starr, is anywhere around. Meredith and her bitch posse of skinny girlfriends have tormented Evie about her size since seventh grade. Unfortunately, it's hard for a plus-sized gal to stay invisible in a small town like Hannah, Alabama. And then Evie finds Meredith brutally murdered. Suddenly, she's the number one suspect in a sensational murder case. Worse, Hannah is infested with demons, and the only thing standing between them and Evie is a hunky blond demon slayer named Ansgar. Evie could swear, though, that Ansgar is interested in more than demons. She could swear that he's interested in her...
Beginning:
Blood. There was so much blood, especially on the dead woman sprawled across her desk.
Friday 56:
Do you eat peaches?

Evie groaned and slid deeper into the clawfoot tub, letting the scented water lap at her chin. Did she really ask him that?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the small-town Alabama setting and the plus-sized heroine. So even though books featuring demons are not usually my thing, this book sounds like a story I'd enjoy. The beginning is definitely a grabber!
    My Friday post features THE SNOW CHILD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, not my usual read, but I might have to make an exception. And I love clawfoot tubs...LOL

    Here's mine: “SOMEONE IS WATCHING”

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fun! I love the excerpts and am wondering why the peaches question was so embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to read this book and couldn't finish it.I hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at blood. Goretastic!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!