Friday, December 13, 2019

Friday Memes: Whiskey Sour by J. A. Konrath

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
There were four black and whites already at the 7-Eleven when I arrived. Several people had gathered in the parking lot behind the yellow police tape, huddling close for protection against the freezing Chicago rain.

They weren't there for Slurpees.
Friday 56:
"Let's have Booster's entire life checked out, see if he ever knew someone named Buddy."

"Tall task."

"We'll give it to the task force." I grinned, changing the subject. "I know how the killer dumped the body in the can without being seen."
This week I am spotlighting a book that has been languishing on my Kindle since August of 2015. Whiskey Sour by J. A. Konrath is the first in the Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels mystery series. Here is the description from Amazon.
Lieutenant Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels is having a bad week. Her live-in boyfriend has left her for his personal trainer, chronic insomnia has caused her to max out her credit cards with late-night home shopping purchases, and a frightening killer who calls himself 'The Gingerbread Man' is dumping mutilated bodies in her district.

While avoiding the FBI and its moronic profiling computer, joining a dating service, mixing it up with street thugs, and parrying the advances of an uncouth PI, Jack and her binge-eating partner, Herb, must catch the maniac before he kills again...and Jack is next on his murder list.

Whiskey Sour is the first book in the bestselling Jack Daniels series, full of laugh-out-loud humor and edge-of-your-seat suspense.

3 comments:

  1. I love this author, and this series, and this book! HA!
    I added you to the linky. Happy Friday the 13th weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quotes. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one on my TBR pile. I've heard great things about the series. I hope you are enjoying it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!