Monday, December 9, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 9, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

Last week I wrote that we were waiting for a blizzard to arrive. It did. We ended up with 21.7 inches of snow. I was not able to leave my house from Saturday until Wednesday. They finally got around to plowing our street Tuesday at 4 PM and they guys who clear our driveway came Wednesday morning in time for us to go to Bill's cardio rehab.

Luckily, we had planned our meals and grocery shopped on Friday in anticipation of the coming storm. We did get awfully low on milk but otherwise had everything we needed. Our power flickered once just enough to mess up some clocks but otherwise we survived the storm handily.

Unfortunately the Postal Service didn't do as well. I'm still waiting for packages that were supposed to be delivered earlier in the week. We did start receiving regular mail again on Wednesday but many in town are still waiting for theirs. Mailboxes were covered and even after the plows came they weren't cleared out enough to satisfy the Post Office. They want 12 feet of clearance in front of the mailboxes so they can get their little trucks in without having to back up. We should have that since Thursday and I'm eager to hear the Post Office's next excuses for not delivering packages.

I spent my reading time this week with a few big books and didn't make as much progress as I had hoped. I have a couple more to finish before I start my January review copies.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Cold Magic by Kate Elliott - Start of a long, intricate fantasy series which is sort of alternate history only with magic and dinosaurs. My review will be posted on Dec. 19.
  • Cold Fire by Kate Elliott -- Second in the Spiritwalker trilogy. My review will be posted on Dec. 24.
  • Accepting the Lance by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller -- I read the ARC quite a while ago but read the story again when I got my new Kindle copy. My review is here.

Currently
  • Redshirts by John Scalzi (Mine since 2012)
  • Cold Steel by Kate Elliott (Mine; I've had the trade paperback since July 3, 2013 but I'm reading my new Kindle copy)
  • Written in Red by Anne Bishop (Mine)


Next Week




Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:




Review:


What was your week like?



14 comments:

  1. The series by Elliott look intriguing. Will check it out in the new year!
    Have a great reading week.
    Can't imagine that much snow so early. Now we are having rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- SO much snow! In Chicago we haven't gotten a ton ( except for some on Halloween, oddly enough), but I know it's coming. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you survived the first big snow! We've had a couple of snowfalls, but nothing that bothered anyone. Good luck with your big books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't imagine all that snow in such a short period of time. Our first snow was 2 inches. Looking forward to the Veronica Speedwell book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the storm and your mail. I like the look of your new Jayne Ann Krentz book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the storm and mail too. That's got to be aggravating!

    Nicely done last week! Seeing new to me ones and a few from my own TBR pile! Lol! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of snow! The Vanishing looks really good. I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow on the snow....good you were prepared for it.

    THE VANISHING was good...it was the first book I have read by Ms. Krantz.

    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 21 inches of snow. Ugh! Glad you were ready for it, but I bet you'll be ready for it to be gone, too!

    Looks like your reading has been busy as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you survived the snow! I so wish you could send some my way!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy moly that is a lot of snow!!! Wow!!! I am glad you had everything you needed though and didn't have to worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had Redshirts sitting on my shelves for quite a while too. I look forward to your thoughts. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is hard for me to imagine that much snow in one storm even though I lived up north until I was 12.
    I am very glad you had the supplies you needed.
    I hope your post office has been able to get deliveries through this week.
    So many books you have as always.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my. You got hit harder than we did. We ended up with 16-18 inches. We had another 4 inches the other night. It was supposed to be a dusting.

    Hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!