Monday, April 5, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 5, 2021)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This week went by so quickly. It is hard to believe that it is already April and that the baseball season has begun. Last week's snow has melted away but there is no sign of things getting green yet. Days were pretty chilly yet last week but temperatures are supposed to be better this week. I need a little more warmth before I resume walking outside.

After finishing my Bridgerton binge, I went back to some books that have been on my TBR mountain since the end of 2013. I have been visiting Fool's Gold, California, via Susan Mallery's romances. I had quite a few of them but I'm the type who wants to read ALL of the series in order. I didn't have the novellas which were only available as ebooks and I was missing another of the trilogies. I even got the Fool's Gold cookbook which I've been browsing through and reading the story that weaves between the recipes. The recipes sound good even though they have too much feta or goat cheese for my tastes. I don't know if I'll be trying any of them.

March Reading

I read 35 books in March with a total of 12,384 pages. Twenty-six of the books were mine including six that I've had for at least one year. Thirteen of March's books were rereads. I also read 9 review books.

I added 46 books to my collection in March. Eight of them were audiobooks and 9 were review books. Twenty-five of my March books are still on TBR mountain. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • It's in His Kiss by Julia Quinn (Mine; Reread) -- This seventh book in the Bridgerton series tells Hyacinth's story. I enjoyed it but don't plan to review it on my blog.
  • On the Way to the Wedding by Julie Quinn (Mine; Reread) - This is the final Bridgerton story and tells about Gregory's romance. I enjoyed it but don't plan to review it on my blog.
  • The Lady Has a Past by Amanda Quick (Review; May 4) -- This is the 5th in the Burning Cove series. This series combines historical fiction, romantic suspense and paranormal activity into an entertaining story with lots of great characters and snappy dialog. My review will be posted on April 29.
  • Only Mine by Susan Mallery (Mine) -- This book has been on TBR mountain since November of 2013. Dakota Hendrix finds her romance with Finn Andersson when he comes to Fool's Gold to save his younger brothers who are appearing on a reality show being shot there. This was fun but I don't plan to review it on my blog.
  • The Deep Blue Good-by by John D. MacDonald (Audiobook; Mine) -- This was an Audible $5 deal. I read this whole series back in the 1970s and was eager to revisit Travis McGee as he solves mysteries, rights wrongs. and takes his retirement between jobs. My review will be posted on April 20.
  • Only Yours by Susan Mallery (Mine) -- This one has been on TBR mountain since November of 2013. Therapy dog trainer Montana Hendrix falls in love with Dr. Simon Bradley who is a famous plastic surgeon dealing with burn victims who is constantly traveling from on place to another. I don't plan to write a review for this one on my blog.
  • Only His by Susan Mallery (Mine) -- Nevada, the third triplet, finds her romance when reunited with a teenage crush. This is a fun series but I don't plan to write a review for it on my blog. 
  • Bootlegger's Daughter by Margaret Maron (Mine) -- This was a great mystery that begins a series starring Judge Deborah Knott. I really liked the characters and the Southern setting. My review will be posted on April 24.
DNF
  • Purrfectly Dead by Dixie Lyle (Review; April 27) -- I read half before deciding that I was tired of the story. I don't care for books where the narrator talks to the reader. While the dialog was cute and quirky, I quickly got tired of nothing but cute and quirky.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review
I recently got my first physical ARCs in more than a year. It was nice to get them but I already had the eARCs on my Kindle for both of these titles. The Logan books arrived a couple of weeks apart.
Bought in Print
Bought for Kindle
Audiobooks
What was your week like?

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's starting to warm up there. Soon you will be able to be out walking again.

    I'm very curious about the Bridgerton books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're finally get warmer weather too. Good job DNF'ing -- not worth your time if the book isn't clicking. I love getting all involved in a new series. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 35 books read in March! Wow. Minnesota is slightly further south than the UK but we are definitely well into spring here. I guess that's the difference between living on a big continent and living on a small island! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many tempting titles! I have the ARC of Thief of Souls.

    Enjoy your reading and your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply amazing that you read 35 books, Kathy. WOW!!

    Congrats!!

    Lots of good ones waiting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the looks of many of your books. I'm trying to get to the point of reading more from my TBR. I still have a few review requests to catch up on though. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are new to me ones. I hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many books! It would take me months to get through a list that long. Lots of interesting titles there. Hope this is another great reading week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather's been up and down here too although it was gorgeous for Easter. I still want to watch Bridgerton ad try Krentz' books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire that you can tackle a whole series at a time. I used to do it, but not these days.

    I am overdue to read a book by Susan Mallery. I have a few here.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope temps start to warm up for you soon!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got behind on my comments, but I'm pretty sure that the week this posted it snowed in my area. Bah, this weather! And sounds like a pretty great reading week! Yeah Anna Lee Huber and Jeaniene Frost! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!