Monday, April 19, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 19, 2021)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was generally a quiet week. I woke up to snow on the ground one day but the weather warmed up enough for me to go on a half hour outdoor walk later in the week. The weather was great on Friday but I didn't get outside for a walk because of an afternoon baseball game and because I was quite tired after getting up for the 7 AM arrival of the guys who installed our new garage door.

I'm writing this Saturday afternoon after another early wake-up so that I could watch Prince Philip's funeral. Now I'm waiting for another afternoon baseball game. If it ends early, I may take an outdoor walk today.

My brother is in charge of dinner today and is making spaghetti using an old Weight Watchers recipe for the sauce that my mother got in the long ago days when she joined that program. Though she's been gone for almost 14 years now, seeing the recipe in her handwriting brings back good memories. 

Also as of Friday afternoon, both of us are fully vaccinated against Covid-19. He does have the two week waiting period for full effectiveness. Cases are still increasing here in our county. There have been outbreaks at one of our high schools and the nearest elementary school to our house. I noted that the self-serve nuts and dried fruits at my grocery store are gone again when I shopped on Friday. I haven't heard of any additional closings of businesses. I'm still content to stay close to home myself.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • A Peculiar Combination by Ashley Weaver (Review; May 25) -- This World War II mystery begins a new series and stars a young woman who is, among other things, a safecracker. My review will be posted on May 8.
  • Bridal Jitters by Jayne Castle (mine) -- This novella takes place on Harmony and is a science fiction romance. 
  • The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King (Audiobook) -- This was the first time I've listened to the audiobook but I've read the print book a few times. My review will be posted June 23.
  • A Monstrous Regiment of Women by Laurie R. King (Audiobook) -- This is the second in the Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes series. I've read the book but this was the first time I listened to it. 
  • Trader's Leap by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook) - This was a reread of the newest in the Liaden Universe. 
  • Trust Me by Jayne Ann Krentz (Audiobook) -- This was a reread of a book I first read in 1995. While the technology was a little out of date, the banter, action and emotions were right on. My review will be posted on May 13.
Currently
Next Week

These are the next review books on my stack. Since I'm quite a bit ahead, I will likely choose an audiobook or two and maybe something off TBR mountain to read too. 
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

New Review:
New Kindle:
New Audiobooks:
What was your week like?

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the vaccine! Enjoy your walks, and your books look good. I am a fan of Jayne Ann Krentz, but don't recall ever reading Trust Me. Must check that out!

    That spaghetti sounds yummy!

    Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got our vaccine also. Good to have that over with. I just wish more would get it too.
    Great assortment of books.
    I love spaghetti. I have a recipe, basic but so good, that I've made for many years.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to have some good memories pop up :) I hope the dinner was delicious! Looks like lots of great incoming books! I hope you enjoy all of them as you get to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a lot of Weight Watchers recipes, and have a couple of their cookbooks. (Although it's officially WW, not "Weight Watchers", now!) I tried a Garth Nix book once and didn't care for it, but I love the title of The Left-Handed Booksellers of London so maybe I should try that. I like Kevin Hearne's books, but I'm behind on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weather sounds very British! I'm so pleased you have both now had both vaccines, hopefully they will allow us all to start getting back to some kind of normal. The funeral was very moving, my heart does go out to the royal family for their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good things here today - outdoor walks, vaccinations, recipes in your mother's handwriting, and of course, the books! Hope this week is off to a good start, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being fully vaccinated! We are, too, but still have the 2 week waiting period. I haven't read Stephanie Plum in such a long time. I really should borrow them from the library and catch up. Enjoy your reading! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the vaccine! I get my second one next week, so I'm nearly there! Nice looking reads for the week too! Hope you enjoy then all!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for vaccinations! I get my second one on Thursday. I'm a little nervous about side effects. The few people I know who felt bad really only felt it after the second one, but at least I'll be vaccinated and have it behind me.

    How nice to see a little memento of your mom.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being fully vaccinated! It snowed here on Sunday after such a warm day Saturday! And yeah that it seems like you enjoyed Left-Handed Sellers of London! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being fully vaccinated!

    I like the look of the Kerry Greenwood book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a wonderful feeling to be fully vaccinated. I do not understand people who are against the vaccine. It seems to just be prolonging this disease.

    We have delighted in daily walks over the last year. Just being outside is wonderful.

    And...snow? Really? In April? My!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!