Sunday, May 16, 2010

ARC Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Just a warning - this book won't be available until August 1. It is available for pre-order (and, trust me, you should).
 
The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publication: Harlequin; Original edition (August 1, 2010)
 
Description: Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
 
My Thoughts: This was wonderful sequel to The Iron King. The story begins with Meghan at the Court of the Winter Queen. She is trying to survive and is missing Ash. When Ash returns he treats her badly. Meghan is heartbroken until Ash tells her that he can't be kind to her because any kindness or love is a weakness in the Winter court. The main adventure in this book comes after the Scepter of the Seasons is stolen by the Iron faeries. The Winter Queen is sure that it was the doing of the Summer King even though Meghan tries to tell her it was the work of the Iron faeries. Meghan, Ash and Puck have to find the scepter and get it back to stop the war that could destroy both Winter and Summer and have a fatal effect on the human Earth too. The book is filled with adventures, friends lost and found, and some surprises too.
 
I highly recommend this book to all lovers of fantasy.
 
Challenges: RYOB Reading Challenge, 2010 YA Reading Challenge, 2010 E-Book Reading Challenge
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this book because I got it from netgalley and have not yet got a chance to read it. Great review, I might have to pick it up this week sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you liked this one! I just started reading it and so far, so good. Not crazy about the eBook format, but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the Iron King but I've been hearing really good things about these books so I think I'm going have to look into them. I don't even remember seeing the Iron King reviewed but I seem to be seeing Iron Daughter everywhere. I guess some books just slip by you. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want to read The Iron Daughter even more :D Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!