Saturday, May 8, 2010

In My Mailbox (May 9, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.
 
These found their way to my mailbox or my Kindle this week.
 
I am a big fan of the Sookie Stackhouse books. I was excited when I found out that Dead in the Family was coming out and pre-ordered it to get it as soon as possible.
 
Honeymoon of the Dead by Tate Hallaway is in the Garnet Lacey series. I have all of the other books and like the Midwestern setting for this story about witches and vampires.
 
Love in the Time of Dragons is by Katie MacAlister. This summary drew me in:
Tully Sullivan is just like any other suburban mom-except she's just woken up in a strange place surrounded by strange people who keep insisting that they're dragons-and that she's one too.
Stormwalker by Allyson James sounds like another great urban fantasy with a kick-ass heroine.
 
Bewitched & Betrayed by Lisa Shearin is the first another urban fantasy series.
 
Between Friends by Kristy Kernan is something totally different. I won this book. It is a contemporary chick-lit sort of book.
With realistic dialogue and pinpointed emotions, Kiernan paints a persuasive portrait of the bonds between mothers, daughters, and friends in this inspiring, heartbreaking tale.
I also added some books to my Kindle this week. They are light, fluffy romances about baseball. I had read the first book in the series earlier and was pleased to see, when I was browsing the Kindle Store, that there were more.
I added Strike Zone, Sliding Home, and Curveball by Kate Angell to my Kindle this week.

That was my week. How was yours?
 

6 comments:

  1. You had a great week. I am a fan of Charlene too looking foward to the review of the latest book.

    Enjoy and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am reading Stromwalker right now! I am at the end and I must say I love this book!=)

    I cantr wait to finish it after I make my rounds to visit every ones IMM postings!=) Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh I can't wait to read Dead in the Family! Totally addicted to that series! Stormwalker looks awesome too. Hope you enjoy reading these books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in reading Between Friends -- I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of books! I haven't read any of them, I don't think. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out my IMM entry!

    I forgot to put it on my entry but it's there now since looking at your blog reminded me that I also got Dead in the Family.

    I cannot wait to start reading it and the only bad thing is that now we'll have to wait til next May for the next installment

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!