Thursday, May 6, 2010

Friday Memes: Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh

Happy Friday everybody!!

Book Beginnings

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

The Friday 56

Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
  • Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
  • Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My book this week is Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh. It has been sitting on my TBR pile until I got to it. However, I have read some great reviews lately and moved the book to the top of the stack.

The first two sentences are:
Elena gripped the balcony railing and stared down at the gorge that fell away with jagged promise beneath. From here, the rocks looked like sharp teeth, ready to bite and tear and rip.
Here is the fifth sentence on page 56:
He cupped her cheek, his fingers cool from the night air.
I have high hopes for this book. I love the cover and enjoyed the first book in the series.

4 comments:

  1. hi kathy! yay for teacher bloggers! i am a teacher too (in SPED).

    i have this book on my shelf but i have yet to read it. thanks for checking out the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought this book yet. I read the first one and Raphael annoyed me a little but I still enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! :) I'm following you now. I'm looking forward to your future posts. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!