Saturday, May 1, 2010

In My Mailbox (May 2, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

New books were published this week so I added a bunch to my TBR stack.


Laurie R. King published The God  of the Hive, a new Sherlock Holmes/Mary Russell adventure, and I had to find out what was going on in their lives. Don't you love it when fiction characters are so real that you just have to know that?

Blood Ties by Kay Hooper is another series that I am following. I waited a while for this one so that I could buy a used copy through Amazon Marketplace.

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts is the third in the Brides Quartet. I pre-ordered it as soon as I could and I am deep into to the story of Lauren and Del even as I am writing this post.



Christine Feehan published Wild Fire. I have been following this author and the series. I love her books about shape shifters.

Linda Howard and Linda Jones published Blood Born. I think this is Linda Howard's first venture into the paranormal. I have been reading her books since her Silhouette Romance days.

The Sweet Scent of Blood by Suzanne McLeod is a new author to me. I don't know why I bought it. It must have been well-reviewed on one of the many blogs I read.

Out of Mind by Stella Cameron arrived in my mailbox a couple of days ago. It was also a surprise. If I won it somewhere, thank you. (I don't remember buying it.)

I also added some new titles to my Kindle.

Her Vampire Husband by Michel Hauf has been getting a lot of buzz on the blogs I follow. When I learned that she was a fellow Minnesotan, I had to buy the book.

Regina in the Sun by R. G. Alexander was a free book for the Kindle this week. It looked good. So I added it.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer has been on my radar for a while. I passed up the chance to buy a copy at one of our school book fairs. And then it wasn't available at the next book fair. I heard about it again at the Spotlight on Books conference I recently attended and decided that I had to have it.


Hunted by the Others by Jess Haines looked and sounded good when I read the reviews.

Never Less Than a Lady by Mary Jo Putney is the second in a series. I did read and enjoy the first.

Sharp eyed readers will note that I also bought a copy in paper of Blood Born by Linda Howard and Linda Jones. This was a mistake. Amazon doesn't tell me that I already bought a different version of the same book. The book version will be given away in my next giveaway. I am starting to get a pile of ARCs and duplicates again.

That was what I got this week. What did you add to your TBR stack?
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Very awesome books this week! =) Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society at the moment :-) It's adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week.

    I want to star the Brides Quarte serie, but i'm not sure.

    I love Christine Feehan's Dark Serie, but i havent read this one....is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic books this week! love romance! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly me I marked Regina in the Sun by R. G. Alexander to be read on my GR but I have no ereader. It sounds great though!=)

    My eyes are happy looking at all your books this week!
    Hunted by the Others!=) I've read a great review on this one- I think at All Things Urban Fantasy.

    As for Christine Feehan.... I wish I could read the series but I am so late in discovering her that some of her series are much too established for me to play catch up!=) *sigh* I just wanted to read and do nothing else. LOL!


    Have a great week with your books!=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have books with such great covers in your mailbox! I'm looking forward to reading your reviews for these :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great selection! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice books! I really want to get in to reading some Christine Feehan books.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!