Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday, What are you reading is a meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Last Week

I had a really busy week and, consequently, had much less time for reading. This is what I did manage to finish and review.
I finished My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent. It was a great episode in the Soul Screamers series. Things are changing greatly for Kaylee.

Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton. This was a very good YA fantasy. It is based on Irish Mythology and was very interesting. Teagan, her little  brother Aiden, and Finn have to battle goblins in this one.

This is what I am reading now:

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews is the 4th in the Kate Daniels series.
Kate Daniels cleans up the paranormal problems no one else wants to deal with-especially if they involve Atlanta's shapeshifting community. And now there's a new player in town-a foe that may be too much for even Kate and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, to handle. Because this time, Kate will be taking on family.
Next Week

Right now, I have no idea what I am going to be reading next week. It will depend totally on what mood I am in.

I expect to be very busy at work again. I will be closing the library, hunting down missing library books, doing inventory, writing reports, etc. for two school libraries.

I have lots of choices for my next book as can be seen in the picture below. And that is only the front row. The two stacks on the left have equally high stacks behind them.

That was my week. How did your week go?

Don't forget to visit my other blog - Ms. Martin Teaches Media - and enter my hundred follower contest. The contest ends Friday, June 4 at midnight. You may pick the book of your choice for $20 or less from Amazon US or The Book Depository. If I get to 175 followers, there will be 4 winners.




16 comments:

  1. Goodness, those are some impressive TBR piles! Tyger, Tyger looks fascinating - I love irish fantasy!

    Here is my Monday: http://thelostentwife.net/2010/05/30/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-23/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your TBR pile looks like mine. I wish you luck with it. When I don't know what kind of reading mood I'm in I keep starting books, so I wind up in the middle of 10 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of Tyger Tyger. It sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a really good week. Your TBR piles look similar to mine. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-31-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, lots to choose from! But that's nice as well. There should be something in there that you feel like!

    My Monday post is here: http://leeswammes.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your week sounded a bit like mine, but I am happy to be done with school for the next couple of months. I don't envy you closing down the library as I know how much work that is gong to be. Just think about all the reading you will be doing as soon as school is out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should read Black Magic Sanction. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magic Bleeds sounds interesting, though I haven't heard of the series before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some intriguing selections there...Tyger, Tyger captivated me because of the Irish mythology.

    Your stacks are impressive...so are mine, and I started a blog specifically to address that "problem." (http://curlupandread.wordpress.com)

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Soul to Keep and Tyger, Tyger look like such fabulous reads!

    My 'What are you reading?' is here.

    Happy Monday. :)

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to click to enlarge cos I'm nosy like that :-)

    I can see White Cat sitting in that pile - the reviews for that have been great, and I want it!

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Soul to Keep looks pretty cool based on the cover, I may have to pick up that series!

    Have a great week :) Mine is:
    http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=1347a

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm peering at your next week's list, and I have to say Covet is a really good book. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi kathy! thanks for stopping by our blog. awesome pile of books you got there. lots of choices for the summer.

    have a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Those are some stacks! Looks like you've got some good ones lined up in the weeks to come.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that I'd enjoy Tyger Tyger, so I'll add it on my list!
    Also, I'm so jealous of your tbr stack! So many of those books I want, if I had them like that, I wouldn't know which one to read first! ;)
    Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!