Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (May 24, 2010)


It's Monday, What are you reading is a meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

This is what I read and reviewed last week:

Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson - I liked the different take on werewolves in this one.

Love in the Time of Dragons by Katie MacAlister -- This was an over-the-top silly book. It was great fun to read.

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean -- This was a pleasant book to read. It was a typical historical romance with a cynical hero and an innocent heroine.

The last two books were not on my plan last week. I needed a couple of books that would fit in my purse to carry along while I spent time in waiting rooms. These were in a handy pile and looked good to grab for a quick read.

I am currently reading...

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead


Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong...

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever.
Next week I plan to read:


My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent
Running with the Pack anthology
Alex Van Helsing by Jason Henderson
White Cat by Holly Black
Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelson

Most of these are carryovers from last week's post because Spirit Bound and My Soul to Keep arrived and jumped to the head of the line. We'll see how well I do sticking to the plan next week.

If you do this meme, give me a link to your post. I like to see how others are doing. Have a great reading week!

5 comments:

  1. Nice selection! Claire de Lune is such a popular book - it must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Claire de Lune on a few blogs this morning. Hope it is good! Have a super week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire de Lune, White Cat, Van Helsing, and My Soul to Keep! Wow, some excellent reading material!

    Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - so many books to read! I seem to spend so much time working on my blog that I don't get as much reading done! I need to find a store that sells time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection! I like the sound of 'Running With the Pack'.

    I just finished 'Shutter Island' by Dennis Lehane and 'Beautiful Malice' by Rebecca James. Both of them were real page turners! Shutter Island was full of twists and turns so that I couldn't guess what would happen next, and Beautiful Malice just had me completely sucked in to the world of the characters, to the point that my boyfriend caught me muttering and swearing at the book as I read.

    I am just about to start Dark Lover (the first book of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series) by J. R. Ward.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!