Friday, May 21, 2010

In My Mailbox (May 23, 2010)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the cool books everyone gets. You will discover lots of wonderful blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I added quite a few books to my Kindle this week.


Wicked Becomes You by Meredith Duran has a lovely cover and I saw it on someone's IMM post last week. They gave a plot summary that sounded interesting. I like to read a historical romance every once in a while and this one looked good.

I got Armed & Magical and The Trouble with Demons by Lisa Shearin because, for some reason, I bought book 4 in the series a while ago and then realized that I didn't yet have 2 & 3 in the series.


Claiming Their Mate by Paige McKellan and Her Chosen Wolf by Renee Michaels were both inexpensive books. They are paranormal romances - possibly erotic. I thought they looked interesting.

I have heard so much about Larissa Ione but have never read anything by her. I decided to see what all the fuss was about and bought Pleasure Unbound.



These books were free for the Kindle this week.

Executive Privilege with Bonus Materials by Phillip Margolin, Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help by Douglas Anthony Cooper, and Heat of Passion by Elle Kennedy all sounded interesting.

I did get a few print books this week too.



While I was browsing around Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore waiting for Robin Hobb's author signing to begin, I saw Dark Oracle by Alayna Williams. The blurb on the back cover sounded good. Here is part of the blurb:
As a criminal profiler, Tara used science and her intuitive skill at Tarot card divination to track down the dangerous and depraved, including the serial killer who left her scarred from head to toe. Since that savage attack, Tara has been a recluse. But now an ancient secret society known as Delphi’s Daughters has asked for her help in locating missing scientist Lowell Magnusson. And Tara, armed with her Tarot deck, her .38, and a stack of misgivings, agrees to try.
I also bought a print copy of Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb. This is the first in her new series The Rain Wilds Chronicles. I hauled along all of my accessible Robin Hobb books and ended up getting 10 books autographed. The Liveship Trader Trilogy is packed away in Storage Box 3 and I wasn't going to go digging.

I also got Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth. It has gotten such good reviews that I had to add it to my stack. I want to know more about The President's Vampire.

That is what I got this week. What did you get?


 

11 comments:

  1. Love the look of the books in the first two rows! And I can't wait to read Dark Oracle myself. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some books with fab covers this week! I'll look forward to seeing what you think of them all :o) I LOVE the Demonica series so I'm sure you'll enjoy Pleasure Unbound - can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy DARK ORACLE! It was a lot of fun to write - I literally wrote the book with a deck of Tarot cards in hand. Thanks so much for taking the time to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some great looking books here., I haven't yet read the Lisa Shearin though I've been meaning to try it out. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look like such fun reads -- enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Wicked Becomes You, I hope you enjoy it! She's a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got Dark Oracle too this week. I think it'll be a really good book, considering Embers (which the author wrote under a different name) was really good.

    I'm on the fence about Blood Oath, so I'll be interested to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy looks like you got some fantastically fun reading ahead of you, I love the different picks of genres and story styles you have to keep you interested. Thanks for stopping by mine today also on Sunday!!! Happy reading!

    jackie b :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you have a lot of reading ahead of you! I want the Dragon Keeper as well, and I'm currently reading Blood Oath right now. So far it's pretty good! I hope you enjoy all of the books you received this week. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hope you post about the Robin Hobb event! I'm sure I've said this before, but I really need to get on that bandwagon and read those books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I found your blog over at the Story Siren and your blog name spoke to me. I love that quote by Groucho Marx (I suppose that this is what you are referring to). "Her chosen wolf" is a great title, I need to check that one out even though I have no idea yet what it is about exactly. But who doesn't love a were? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!