Sunday, March 25, 2012

In My Mailbox (March 25, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



Somehow, ten adult books managed to follow me home this week. First, let me tell you about the print books.
I read some really intriguing things about Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett this week. When I went to Amazon to buy a copy of it and its sequel, I found that they were in the 4-for-3 category. I can't pass up a bargain and had to find two more books to get.

Nightborn: Lords of the Darkyn by Lynn Viehl was also in the 4-for-3 category. I have heard good things about it but haven't read any of the Darkyn books yet. Since this one seems to start a new series, it looked like a good place to start.
The Surrender of Miss Fairbourne by Madeline Hunter was a 4-for-3 book that sounded like an interesting historical romance.

Then on Friday I got two ARC copies of Crystal Gardens by Amanda Quick. I love her writing and really wanted this one. I won it at LibraryThing in February but wasn't sure it would ever arrive. My last highly anticipated win from LibraryThing went astray somewhere. So last week I asked for it from the Amazon Vine program which has not yet failed to send a book I asked for. Wonder of wonders, both copies arrived the same day. And I have already pre-ordered my finished copy.

I also added some books to my Kindle this week. Here they are:
Marine Biology by Gail Carriger is "A short tale of seduction, selkies, and sushi." This is 43 pages but sounds good.

My Sister's Song by Gail Carriger is a short story that was Carriger's first professional sale.
I read a great review this week of Bunny and the Bear by Eve Langlais and decided that I had to have it. The description makes it sound like the books I like by Shelly Laurenston - sexy, funny, and with shapeshifters.

I also read good things about His Darkest Hunger by Juliana Stone. It is also about shifters. It is the first in the Jaguar Warriors series. 
Lady of Devices by Shelley Adina is a steampunk story that is recommended for fans of Carriger and Cherie Priest. I love Carriger and steampunk and had to give this a try.

Her Own Devices by Shelley Adina is the sequel. I decided I needed this one on my Kindle too.

What followed you home this week?


7 comments:

  1. OOOh nice! I was curious about Gail's other books! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny and the Bear is a really cute read. Eve writes some sexy and fun books for sure. Hope you like it!


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh looks like you got some awesome romances to read!! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunny and The Bear is not quite as over the top as Shelly Laurenston, but definitely in the same spirit. I liked it a lot. Another author that writes funny shifters is Dana Marie Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, several of them sound like they're right up my alley. *makes guilty pleasure addicted face*

    Not a huge Shelly Laurenston fan (which is why JenM's comment really reassured me that I should buy Bunny and The Bear XD), but I want more Ursine Shifters in PNR! Do you know any other novels with an Urban Setting & bears? I know.. erm, Laurenston, Kenyon, Jennifer Ashley, the one you got this week, but that's about it. *mhe-face*

    Anyway, happy reading!

    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kildling the moon is amazing! I hope you"ll like it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!