Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs in the third book in the Alpha and Omega series. This series is a companion to her Mercy Thompson series. Here is the description:
They say opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son-and enforcer-of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant alpha. While Anna, an omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind.

Now that the werewolves have revealed themselves to humans, they can't afford any bad publicity. Infractions that could have been overlooked in the past must now be punished, and the strain of doing his father's dirty work is taking a toll on Charles.

Nevertheless, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston, when the FBI requests the pack's help on a local serial killer case. They quickly realize that not only the last two victims were werewolves-all of them were. Someone is targeting their kind. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer's sights...
Teaser:
"You're sending me?" People instinctively wanted to please Adam. Charles was better at the destroy-and-subdue, not so good at the coax-and-charm.

"No," said his da. "That would be dumb. I'm sending Anna. You are going as her guard. I've sent the particulars of what I know to your e-mail and to hers."

10 comments:

  1. I keep seeing books by her but have not added any to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read her books yet. but good teaser. thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser! Thanks for sharing. Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved this book! It was actually a shame when I finished it because it means I have to wait for the next book....lol

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm... Interesting! I might check the book out sometime. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this book so BAD! Guess I should start with the first two though;) Great teaser!

    http://jrafterdark.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday-better-part-of-darkness.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tease! I still haven't gotten this one. Really behind on Patty's books!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing about these series, but have yet to read them. Sound good! My teaser: Agnes Grey

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!