Sunday, March 4, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (March 5, 2012)


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.



I read some very enjoyable books this week including two by authors who are long time favorites of mine. I read:
Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler is the second in a young adult series that puts a paranormal spin on some real-life social issues. In this one the main character is a young girl who is a "cutter" and who is recruited by Death to be the new War in the Riders of the Apocalypse. My review will be posted on March 8.

Celebrity in Death by J. D. Robb is the latest in her In Death series. I love this series both because of the mysteries and because of the relationship between the main character Eve Dallas and her husband Roarke. They are both great characters. I don't think there is a better romantic hero in all of fiction. My review is here.

Finally this week, I read Born to Darkness by Suzanne Brockmann. I received this ARC as part of the Amazon Vine program. Brockmann is starting a new futuristic romantic suspense series with more than a touch of the paranormal. I really liked it. My review will be posted on March 8.
I am currently reading Traitor's Son by Hilari Bell. This one was sent to me by the author because I read and liked Trickster's Girl - the first book of this duet. These young adult novels combine an ecological theme with the paranormal and are very entertaining. 

Next week these are the ones at the top of my stack because they will all be published in March:
My Kindle is going to be getting some use, finally, as I read Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter which I received from NetGalley. This is the sequel to The Goddess Test which I read and enjoyed.

I also have Loss by Jackie Morse Kessler which is the third in her Riders of the Apocalypse series. I got this one from Amazon Vine.
Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Schultz is also on my Kindle from NetGalley. It is the sequel to Spellbound

I was also lucky enough to get The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens from NetGalley. It is the second in her Graveyard Queen series. I loved The Restorer and have been waiting anxiously for the sequel.
And, while I don't have it yet, Fair Game by Patricia Briggs will be arriving this week and immediately going to the top of my stack. I have been waiting for this book forever!

Those are my plans for the coming week. What do you have planned?

5 comments:

  1. I am reading The Kingdom now and enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh very nice! I loved Goddess Interrupted! Hope you enjoy all your reads this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read Patricia Briggs. I also want to try The Restorer and The Goddess Test.

    I've been reading more on my Kindle lately as it is more comfortable for my wrist (I have carpal tunnel syndrome). Plus I am behind on my NetGalley reviewing.

    I hope you have a great week and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some J.D. Robb! :) Great, great books this week. Happy reading week!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!