Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WoW: The Shape of Desire by Sharon Shinn


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for.

I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist and TBR mountain though. Be warned!

Sharon Shinn has a new book coming out. I just pre-ordered The Shape of Desire. It will be published on April 3.

Here is the description:
For fifteen years Maria Devane has been desperately, passionately in love with Dante Romano. But despite loving him with all of her heart and soul, Maria knows that Dante can never give all of himself back-at least not all the time.

Every month, Dante shifts shape, becoming a wild animal. During those times, he wanders far and wide, leaving Maria alone. He can't choose when he shifts, the transition is often abrupt and, as he gets older, the time he spends in human form is gradually decreasing. But Maria, who loves him without hesitation, wouldn't trade their unusual relationship for anything.

Since the beginning, she has kept his secret, knowing that their love is worth the danger. But when a string of brutal attacks occur in local parks during the times when Dante is in animal form, Maria is forced to consider whether the lies she's been telling about her life have turned into lies she's telling herself...
It sounds intriguing to me. What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds so interesting!! I love shifters!

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! It sounds like it has a few elements from the Shover.Linger trilogy and I really liked that one.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I also want to read this...one thing I was not clear about was whether or not this was a standalone novel or a follow-up to the Shapeshifter's Wife?

    Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book does sound interesting. I will have to add it to my TBR shelf.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost used this one last week! Preordered it in February already and now I'm waiting for it to be released & arrive! Arrgh!!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one! Sounds interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Waiting on Wednesday!! I like the your pick! Shapeshifters are SUCH fun!! I Don't have a WW link to share. But I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Kim Harrison's Into the woods!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!