Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Counterfeit Magic by Kelley Armstrong

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I stumbled across Counterfeit Magic by Kelley Armstrong when I was browsing through a basket of older TBR books this past weekend and decided to move it to the top of my list. I bought it November 22, 2010. This is one of her original novellas published by Subterranean Press with some illustrations.

Here is the description:
Return to the world of Kelley Armstrong's best-selling novels Dime Store Magic and Industrial Magic for a long original novella.

The first rule of a supernatural fight club? Don't kill your opponent.

When the fighters come with lethal spells, werewolf strength and half-demon powers, that can be a lot tougher than it sounds. It's hard to attract talent if they know they might not leave the ring alive. So when fighters at a California club start dying -- it's bad for business.

Witch detectives Paige Winterbourne and Savannah Levine take the case. Going undercover in the power-heavy arena of the fight club is a welcome change of pace for Paige, relegated to the role of The Wife as her husband struggles to find his place in his family's Cabal--the corporate Mafia of the supernatural world.


As Paige is drawn deeper into new and dangerous corners of her world, she quickly discovers the greatest threat isn't the killer in her sights. It's something much, much closer to home. And this is one fight she can't afford to lose. 
Teaser:
Unlike the movie, the first rule of our fight clubs was not "don't talk about." Most supernaturals plugged into the seamier side of our world knew about them. Even finding one wasn't all that tough, if you knew who to ask.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty good.

    Hey, I did a review/interview with the author of Thoughtless. It's currently free on Smashwords & I think you'd enjoy it for the YA section. Check it out if you have a minute.

    Have a stellar day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh interesting! Was always curious about these novellas? that Kelley wrote!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intriguing. This one is new to me. I'll have to add it to the list.

    My tease: http://sosimplesara.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!