Friday, May 3, 2019

Friday Memes: Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyer

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
I was called Echo for my mother, who died when I was born, because when my father took me into his arms he said he felt the echo fo her heartbeat within me.
Friday 56:
This wasn't like the other book-mirrors. This wasn't a story, invented by a sorcerer. This was a memory.

Hal's memory.
This week I am spotlighting Echo North by Joanna Ruth Meyer. I bought this one after seeing it on another blog because I love Beauty and the Beast retellings. Here is the description from Amazon:
Echo Alkaev’s safe and carefully structured world falls apart when her father leaves for the city and mysteriously disappears. Believing he is lost forever, Echo is shocked to find him half-frozen in the winter forest six months later, guarded by a strange talking wolf—the same creature who attacked her as a child. The wolf presents Echo with an ultimatum: if she lives with him for one year, he will ensure her father makes it home safely. But there is more to the wolf than Echo realizes.

In his enchanted house beneath a mountain, each room must be sewn together to keep the home from unraveling, and something new and dark and strange lies behind every door. When centuries-old secrets unfold, Echo discovers a magical library full of books- turned-mirrors, and a young man named Hal who is trapped inside of them. As the year ticks by, the rooms begin to disappear and Echo must solve the mystery of the wolf’s enchantment before her time is up otherwise Echo, the wolf, and Hal will be lost forever.

13 comments:

  1. Ack! I think it ate my comment. Sorry if this is a double-post! I love retellings, and Beauty and the Beast especially! I'll have to look up this one!
    Crystal @ Goddess in the Stacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite fairytales, and I love reading re-tellings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so tempting. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wicked. I am curious about Echo. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one has been on my TBR since it came in too! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauty and the Beast retellings are my favorites! This sounds so good! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one has such a lovely cover. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this one around and am interested to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Beauty and the Beast retellings, too. This is a new one to me and I am really intrigued by it. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a fascinating re-telling. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Beauty and the Beast!!!!!
    I really need to read this one....🙈🙈🙈

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!