Monday, May 20, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 20, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This week we played host to the roofers who got to work pounding and stamping around on my roof at 8 AM Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This would be okay if I didn't think that midnight was an early time to go to bed. So I was a little sleep deprived all week.

I'm told that we are in the "permitting phase" for our solar project which could take a couple more weeks before the "install" phase begins. I am excited to carry on with this project and hope it happens soon.

Otherwise, the weather was good although we are looking at a cool and rainy weekend where the temperatures hover in the low 40s. It should allow for a lot of nice reading time. I am nearly finished filling all the reviews on my June calendar and have to start to think about what I'll be reading next for posts in July. I have 12 slots to fill after the review books are slotted in. I'll probably divide them up like this month with some from recent purchases and some that have been lingering on TBR mountain for a while.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (mine) - This was a re-read for the umteenth time. I just love this series. 
  • Shadow of the Fox by Julia Kagawa (mine) - I combined reading and listening to this one and enjoyed this fantasy based on Japanese mythology. My review will be posted on June 11.
  • Straight by Dick Francis (mine) - Dick Francis is one of my all-time favorite mystery authors. Straight is one of my favorites of all his books. I recently got a Kindle copy and, since I'm trying to read what I buy, I chose to re-read this one. My review will be posted on June 15. 


  • Shoot to Thrill by P. J. Tracy (mine) - Entertaining entry in the Monkeewrench series. My review will be posted on June 16.
  • The Leopard King by Ann Aguirre (mine) - An entertaining and spicy paranormal romance. My review will be posted on June 13.
  • Shout of Honor by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (mine) - This is the latest novella in the Liaden Universe series. I won't be reviewing it but it was an excellent story.


  • Wherever She Goes by Kelley Armstrong (Review) - This was a fast-paced thriller by one of my favorite authors. My review will be posted on June 18.
  • Off the Grid by P. J. Tracy (mine) - Another great entry in the Monkeewrench series. My review will be posted on June 23.


  • The Sixth Idea by P. J. Tracy (mine) - Monkeewrench #7 was filled with fast-paced action. My review will be posted on June 30.
  • A Spell of Trouble by Leighann Dobbs (mine) - This paranormal mystery begins a self-published series and was a fun story. My review will be posted on June 19.
DNF
  • I read 37% of Girl in the Rearview Mirror by Kelsey Rae Dimberg before I set it aside. I kept waiting for something mysterious or suspenseful to happen and kept being disappointed. 

Currently


Next Week



  • Mary Russell's War by Laurie R. King (mine) - This is a print book that has been on TBR mountain since Oct. 8, 2016.
  • The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton (mine) - purchased the Kindle copy March 11
  • Thrice Burned by Angela Misri (mine) - purchased the Kindle copy April 23

Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:





  • Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop - hardcover for my Keeper shelf
  • Shout of Honor by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller - latest novella in the Liaden Universe

Review:
These arrived in a surprise package from Bloomsbury YA:


These are from NetGalley:


What was your week like?

18 comments:

  1. Your books look tempting. Sorry about those roofers!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to follow your solar panelling with interest. I love the Anne Bishop books too although not sure I'd buy hard copies but...! I like the look of Mr Churchill's Secretary and The Forgotten Room, both books tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh very nice! I need to pick up some of my Kelley Armstrong books again! I am so behind on her stuff!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the roofing and solar installs. I know the roofing can be fun (not) as far as noise and clutter goes but it's nice when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a roof AND siding done, and it was really hard to concentrate! Glad it's over- just need to paint some trim. What a lot of great sounding books you are getting into!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to your review on A Spell of Trouble. I remember the noise when we had our roof redone. I like to sleep in and it was inconvenient.Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are about to have all the windows on our house replaced. I sympathize with you about the roof. We did that a few years ago.

    I just can't get my head around your every day weather. Goodness, it's almost June and you are in the middle of winter there!

    Shadow of a Fox and Tight Rope both look like they would be excellent reads. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're planning on solar in five to ten years when the roof will need work. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many books here and I've not even heard of many of them. So many books....

    My neighbors got a new roof last year and it was loud even at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like some good books on your list. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your solar panel installers probably won’t be any quieter.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure it was worth all the pounding on the roof. :)

    Oh no on GIRL IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR. I have that book to review...thanks for the info.

    ENJOY all of your books....quite a variety.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a nice fat mailbox. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo Ann Aguirre, I'll need to pick this one up!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Patricia Briggs series. One of my favs!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to install solar power - good for you! Hope the project goes well & the noise doesn't disrupt your routine too much!

    Wow, 40's this weekend, really? Supposed to hit 90 here on the East Coast! Crazy.

    Hey, as you plan your July and August reading, see if any of your review books or TBR books are 400 or more pages - I just kicked off my annual Big Book Summer Challenge! Hope you'll join the fun -

    Sue

    2019 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there! I enjoyed perusing your blog post! You are quite an avid reader! I added several of your books for “Next Week” to my “Want to Read” list on Goodreads! The Portia Adams series by Angela Misri looks interesting. The Forgotten Room sounds so intriguing! I’m looking forward to reading that one! I added the books from the An Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery Series to my Want to Read list as well…guess I’m a pushover for a good series! Always have been…even am even teaching my grandchildren to do the same!  I’m very curious about the title of your blog….how did you come up with it? I love it! Thank you for sharing and stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sucks about the roof stuff waking you up, but it's not a forever thing, at least. And yeah, looks like some really great books, that I enjoy the authors as well :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!