Monday, May 13, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 13, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

There hasn't been any progress on my solar project this week in part because Duluth broke two all-time weather records. We had 10.2 inches of snow fall from Wednesday afternoon through Thursday early morning which broke the snowfall in May record and the "latest Winter Storm Warning of the year" record. However, it is May so most of the snow was gone by Thursday afternoon. The snow did put my roofer off by a couple of days. Tentative plans are that they will begin roofing on Monday.

I threw last week's reading plans out the window this week. Two books I had ordered quite a while ago arrived and I read them because they were May releases and I had left spots on my May calendar for them. Then I decided to re-read the Others series by Anne Bishop again since I also decided that I wanted hardcover copies of the five books for my Keeper shelves. I already have the paperbacks and Kindle copies.

I have been battling a Spring cold with sneezing, coughing and a sinus headache that just won't go away. It was a perfect week to curl up on my couch and enjoy my favorite comfort books. After I finish the last book of the Others series, I plan to get back to reading Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa. I was turned down for a review copy and was glad to see it was a Kindle Deal for $.99. I set it aside when I got the two new May releases I'd been waiting for. Then I got the SYNC audiobook on Thursday. I think I'll continue with the audiobook this week.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)



  • Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop (mine) - re-read
  • Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs (mine) - the latest in her Mercy Thompson urban fantasy series. My review will be posted on May 12.


  • Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop (mine) - re-read
  • Tightrope by Amanda Quick (mine) - the latest in her Burning Cove, California, historical mystery series. My review will be posted on May 15.
  • Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop (mine) - re-read

Currently

  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop (mine) - re-read
  • Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (mine) - I took advantage of the Kindle Daily Deal this week and also got an audiobook copy from SYNC. I read the first twelve chapters and plan to listen to the rest of this one.

Next Week




Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought (Kindle copies unless I note differently):





SYNC Audiobooks:



Review:


What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better. That sneezing and sinus stuff is so annoying.

    Great week for you.

    ENJOY this week, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is just crazy isn’t it. I hope you spring flu clears up quickly. Enjoy finishing Shadow and the Fox

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your weather hasn't cooperated. Weather has been crazy around here too. Hope you feel better soon.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to read something by Amanda Quick for so long! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon. Sinus infections are so troubling.

    Enjoy your books and your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband said he would stain our new outside stairs and railing this coming weekend. Now we're expecting a week of rain! I swear this staircase has singlehandedly brought California out of the drought. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're feeling better. Have a great week and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of snow for May. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry the weather interrupted your solar project. Hope you are feeling better quickly. The Mercy Thompson series is on my must read series list. Looking forward to Tightrope as well. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm way behind my reading. Are you able to read books by publication date and review them if you get them through Netgalley? Not a specific tour/review but a general request. Is there an obligation to do the review by publication date?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon, I hate sinus issues. I took like to curl up with comfort reads when I'm not feeling well, it does mean my TBR list backs up, but it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to read a Julie Kagawa book. I have heard good things. Look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too have had a cold. And really -- I'm ready for summer already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What?! Ten more inches of snow?! That's madness.

    I love the look of Tightrope. I'll look for its review.

    Hope you are feeling better soon. And here's to summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!