Friday, May 12, 2023

Friday Memes: Murder Mystery Book Club by Danielle Collins

 Happy Friday everybody!

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Sky the color of aquamarine peeked through the green palm leaves flanking the front porch of the Key's Bed and Breakfast. Golden afternoon sunlight dappled the plush outdoor rug where Eva Stewart dug in her bare toes, painted in raspberry lemonade pink, enjoying a moment of peace away from her guests.
Friday 56:
"Uh, Detective," she called after him, stopping him halfway to the door he'd burst through two minutes before. "I was hoping I could talk to you for a few minutes. I have some...information." Her stomach clenched at that. Was supposition and inference really information?
This week I am spotlighting Murder Mystery Book Club by Danielle Collins, a new arrival on my TBR stack. Here is the description from Amazon:
Eva Stewart runs a charming bed and breakfast in the Florida Keys with her talkative parrot. One of her favorite things to do is read murder mystery novels. She even has a murder mystery book club. When a dead body is found near the bed and breakfast, Eva has a real murder mystery on her hands. Can she help solve the mystery, even if it implicates one of her esteemed guests and ruffles the feathers of the local police department, or will her book smarts be the end of her?

Murder Mystery Book Club is the first story in the Florida Keys Bed & Breakfast Cozy Mystery series. If you like fast-paced mysteries with interesting characters, a talkative bird, and unexpected twists, you’re going to love the Florida Keys Bed & Breakfast Cozy Mystery series.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quotes, especially the beginning (the details really set the scene). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!