Monday, May 1, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 1, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a pretty quiet week. Most of the snow has melted. Only shaded areas and snow piled up by snowplows remains. Even that is greatly diminished, and it should all be gone in a few days. The next milestone will be the greening up of lawns and later still the budding out of the trees. I can hardly wait.

I have a couple of medical appointments this week including a CT scan. Otherwise, my week is pretty open. I plan to do more reading and listening. Since I had built up six Audible credits, I decided to use them for the audiobooks of the next few J. D. Robb In Death stories. I'm currently listening to book 47 with 9 more to go. Book 57 will be released on September 5.

April Report

I read 37 books in April including 12 audiobooks. Total pages were 12,936 and hours listened 128.08. Twenty-six of the books were mine including 8 from the TBR stack. Twelve were review books and another 12 were audiobooks. 

I added 50 books to my LibraryThing account this month. 39 are still on the TBR pile. I added 11 review books and 10 audiobooks. I got three books via BookBub and four via Kindle Daily Deals. I got four of my audiobooks using Audible Credits, four were included in my membership, and I got one via Chirp.

According to LibraryThing, I have 2449 books marked TBR which includes 35 review books. My goal is to read some of my older books. I still have 25 unread print books from 2009 which are my primary targets. I also have 134 unread Kindle books from 2009 which was the year I got my first Kindle. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Movieland by Lee Goldberg (Audiobook) -- Fourth Eve Ronin suspense story. Entertaining story. My review will be posted on May 11.
  • Murder Mystery Book Club by Danielle Collins (Mine; BookBub Free) -- Cozy mystery set in Key West with interesting characters and an engaging plot. My review will be posted on May 13.
  • Apprentice in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook; In Death 43)
  • Hard Dough Homicide by Olivia Matthews (Review; May 23) -- Second Spice Island Bakery cozy mystery. Engaging characters and interesting plot. My review will be posted on May 16.
  • Echoes in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook; In Death 44)
  • Secrets in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook; In Death 45)
  • Identity by Nora Roberts (Review; May 23) -- Excellent romantic suspense concerning identity theft and murder. My review will be posted on May 16.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

9 comments:

  1. Thirty-seven books read in April? Fantastic.

    I'm happy for you that the snow is melting (at last!) Let's hope spring arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty much the same way here, the snow is gone now but it's been raining a LOT. We can't seem to warm up either, it's 39 at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the medical stuff. I have Identity and A Fatal Groove to read and review. Both look so good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great reading month for you! Murder Mystery Book Club sounds like fun, and I can't resist a Key West setting. Will keep an eye out for your review. I remember reading Ex Libris years ago and really liked it. Hope you have a good week and I hope your lawn starts greening up soon. I'm sue it will be a welcome sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh nice! I can't wait to read The Poisoner's Ring! I enjoyed the first one of this series and am eager to continue it! Hope you enjoy it!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember really liking Ex Libris when I read it, also Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell. I might reread both someday! I'd like to go back to Ella Griffiths, one of these days, also. I think I've only read one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so interesting to read about people who have real snow. In Alabama we only had a dusting a time or two this past year. :) Our trees now have full leaves too. It's been beautiful but still a little chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah that the reread has almost caught up with with what's been currently published! It's a satisfying feeling. And that's some pretty great stats for April reading! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't get over how fast you read. I'm way, way behind! Have another good reading week.

    https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2023/05/aapi-heritage-month-memoir-two-novels.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!