Monday, May 8, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 8, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

We've had a cold rainy week. It is foggy and misty as I'm writing this on Sunday morning. The weather kept me indoors reading and watching baseball from sunnier places. I also had two different doctor's appointments this week. One was really short and gave me an excuse to do some shopping at Walmart on the way home. The second was longer and downtown which made it inconvenient for shopping after since our downtown isn't filled with places to shop. 

I have gotten back into my In Death Rereadathon and am currently listening to book 50 with six more to go before I'm caught up and waiting until September for the next book. I have used Audible Credits, a couple of Audible $10 coupons, and Whispersync from Amazon to get the audiobooks of the rest of the In Death series. I already had the Kindle copies. 

Because I want to catch up, I'm not scheduling in any other audiobooks for the coming week. I am planning to read three titles that I've had since 2009 and 2010. I also have some early June review copies that I want to read. 

I don't know how much I'll be able to read since I have two more doctor's appointments this coming week too. I expect each of the appointments to carve at least two-hour chunks out of my day. I may have a couple of minutes to read in waiting rooms though. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • The Poisoner's Ring by Kelley Armstrong (Review; May 23) -- The second in A Rip Through Time series. Engaging mystery with lots of Victorian detail. My review will be posted on May 17.
  • Mrs. Nash's Ashes by Sarah Adler (Review; May 23) -- Excellent contemporary romantic comedy. My review will be posted on May 18.
  • The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies by Alison Goodman (Review; May 23) -- First is a new historical mystery series. Engaging characters and interesting cases which draw from Regency social issues. My review will be posted on May 18.
  • Vendetta in Death by J. D. Robb (In Death Rereadathon; Book 49)
  • The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths (Mine) -- 3rd Ruth Galloway mystery. Great characters and interesting plot. My review will be posted on May 20.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your reading, and hopefully your appointments will not carve out too much time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Audible $10 are rather nice aren't they. I sure admire your rereading of the In Death series. Your post reminds me about Warrior Girl Unearthed, I hope to get a print copy, otherwise it just might languish in my Kindle books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been that way here too. We had a hot sunny day yesterday but other than that... all rain.

    Tanya Huff's and Hemlock Islands both look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice lineup! I enjoyed Rachel Caine's Outcast series! It was fun! I still need to start that Subterranean Press series of Kelley's but I'm definitely looking forward to her second historical/time-travelling mystery read later this month!

    Happy Reading!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a nice assortment of books coming up. Good luck with all those appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished reading Mrs. Nash's Ashes. Good book. I hope you have a great week and enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah that the In Death series reread is almost caught up again! There's just so many books, so little time! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder how much time people spend waiting to see doctors. It must be a lot.

    Enjoy your In Death series!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!