Monday, May 22, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 22, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a nice quiet week with nothing on my schedule after last Monday's doctor's appointment. This week I have another medical appointment for an ultrasound of my thyroid but otherwise the week is empty of appointments. 

I finished the final In Death novel until the new one comes out in September and am trying to ignore the stack of novellas in the In Death series until I get ahead on my calendar. Next week will be filled with books I already own including some I bought in 2009. I am starting my June review books too. 

I have planned my June calendar but still have openings for two books and two audiobooks late in the month. I haven't decided what I want to read but have 2450 choices on my "To Read" stack. I'm sure that something will catch my attention. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Desperation in Death by J. D. Robb (Mine; Audiobook) -- 55th in the In Death series.
  • Encore in Death by J. D. Robb (Mine; Audiobook) -- 56th in the In Death series
  • Unknown by Rachel Caine (Mine since February 2, 2010) -- Second in the Outcast Season urban fantasy series. Knowing that there were two more books in the series removed a lot of the suspense, but it was a good story. My review will be posted on May 25.
  • Booked for Murder by Jasmine Webb (Mine; Audiobook) -- Aspiring author Poppy Perkins finds herself the prime suspect in the murder of one of the customers in the coffee shop where she works. Entertaining story. My review will be posted on May 30.
  • The Battered Badge by Robert Goldsborough (Mine; Audiobook) -- This entry in the Nero Wolfe mystery series was an engaging historical mystery. The new author has Rex Stout's voice down pat. My review will be posted on May 25.
  • Deadtown by Nancy Holzner (Mine since December 29, 2009) -- This is the first in an urban fantasy series and was an entertaining story. My review will be posted on May 27.
  • A Fool's Gold Wedding by Susan Mallery (Mine; Audiobook) -- I was looking for something short to listen to this week and found this novella which is part of the Fool's Gold romance series by Susan Mallery. It was entertaining and well-narrated. I don't plan to review it.
  • A Botanist's Guide to Flowers and Fatality by Kate Khavari (Review; June 6) -- This second in the Saffron Everleigh historical mystery series was an engaging mystery about a woman trying to make her way as a botanist is 1920s London. My review will be posted on May 30.
Currently
  • Final Cut by Marjorie McCown (Review; June 6)
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:

Bought:
What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. You have some tempting titles. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of Booked for Murder!

    And I feel pretty sure you will find something to fill in your empty reading slots if you have 2450 choices on your "To Read" stack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm halfway through Identity and really enjoying it. Booked for Murder sounds good. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiet weeks are good. Booked for Murder looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Benevolent Society sounds fun and I enjoy the Elly Griffiths series. I received in the mail In His Own Words by P.G. Wodehouse this week, this man makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice! I still need to pick up Trapper Road. It was a tough choice, but when it first came out I wasn't sure if I could bring myself to read it. Of course, I am curious to see if it gets a proper ending in this one in some way! Maybe I'll wait for your review to help aid in my decision making!

    Happy Reading!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2450 titles is certainly a variety from which to choose! Happy Reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for a quiet week! Hopefully the thyroid appointment goes well, I have a thyroid issue and it's a pain. Yeah for the In Death reread has caught up! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I want to read The Botanist book. I loved the first one and have been looking forward to the next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job rereading all the In Deaths! Sounds like fun, especially on audio. Sometimes I check out the ebook bundled copies and just reread a side character's story. Charles is a fun one to do like that.

    I hope you enjoy the Heaving Bosoms books. I read it a few years ago and enjoyed their thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you've been busy. Great group of books this week. Booked for Murder and Mrs. Nash's Ashes caught my eye. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!