Monday, July 15, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 15, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This second week in July was a nice summery one. I finally broke down and turned on the air conditioner on Friday when the temperature hit 85 and the nighttime temperatures were too warm to really cool down the house. I suppose it will be on now well into September. 

I've been chipping away at my review stack and will soon get to those being released on August 20. I also listened to quite a few audiobooks this week. I am up-to=date on my rereading of the Liaden Universe stories. The latest one doesn't have an audiobook available and won't unless it can be sold to a publisher other than Audible. 

I did listen to a new story from a Chirp audiobook I bought at the end of 2023. I enjoyed The Body in the Attic and, when I was notified that some of my Kindle Rewards points were expiring August 1, bought the second in the Jazzi Zanders series for my Kindle. I have lots of Audible credits right now and may decide to get the Audible copy of that book when it finally fits into my calendar. 

I also started listening to another Chirp audiobook but abandoned it when I decided that the main character was too spoiled and whiny to listen to for even one more minute. I substituted Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey which I had also purchased from Chirp back in 2022. This is a first listen but also a reread of this 1987 fantasy that is the first Valdemar book. I have the rest of that trilogy and slotted the next two books into my September reading calendar.

Then just needing something to listen to and being part of the J. D. Robb Facebook group, I decided to listen to Naked in Death which is the first in the series. I've read it multiple times and listened to it a few but it is always nice to revisit old friends. After that, I listened to Glory in Death - the second in the series - before going on to different audiobooks. 

This week I have a friend coming to visit. We usually manage to get together once or twice a year to catch up on each other's lives. I'm looking forward to the visit for the chatting and for the eating out which we usually manage to do a couple of times.

Read Last Week
  • Strange Folk by Alli Dyer (Review; August 6) -- After a divorce, a woman takes her two kids with her back to the Appalachians where she grew up and finds herself reluctantly getting back into the magic she ran away from and solving a couple of murders. My review will be posted on July 31.
  • Salvage Right by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook reread)
  • The In Crowd by Charlotte Vassell (Review; August 6) -- The second DI Caius Beauchamp mystery has him working on two cold cases that have some connections not only with each other but with Caius too. My review will be posted on August 3.
  • The Body in the Attic by Judi Lynn (Chirp Audiobook) -- The first in the houseflipper Jazzi Zanders cozy mystery series. My review will be posted on August 6.
  • I Need You to Read This by Jessa Maxwell (Review; August 13) -- A young woman who has been hiding from her abusive past gets a job replacing a murdered advice columnist in this thriller. My review will be posted on August 7.
  • Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) -- First in the In Death series. 
  • The Single Twin by Sean Patrick Little (Mine) -- The first Abe and Duff mystery has the pair looking for a woman's lost twin and finding a political coverup. My review will be posted on August 6.
  • Glory in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread) -- The second In Death book. 
  • Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey (Chirp audiobook) -- The first Valdemar book introduces Talia who went from Halderkin to Herald in this epic fantasy. My review will be posted on August 8.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. You manage to read far more than I do. My mum is a huge JD Robb fan and is always rereading her books. I used to enjoy Karen Rose and PJ Tracey but it's been quite a few years since I picked up either of their books, I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. that is so much cool and wonderful reading (then, now, and later included).. and so many I can add to my TBR here...
    My post is here - https://www.ladyinreadwrites.com/wonderful-poetic-words-with-friends/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to August release of Buried Too Deep. I guess your solar panels will help with the ac unit. We don't have that much sun at the moment so the heat pump is costing me but don't like being cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Body in the Attic is a book I've been wanting to read. Maybe I should try the audio. I love the look of all your books, especially the cozies. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all totally new to me ones! I hope you enjoy each and every one of them this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Authors guide to murder appeals! Will track down....You read So Much each week!! #Bookdate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think about The Bullet That Missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a great visit with your friend! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a great visit with your friend. Lots of great books on your list. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog today! I'm jealous of your organized lists, as usual! I just requested the new PJ Tracy from NetGalley, even though I've listened to most of them on audio in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yeah for getting review copies getting read! And rereading the In Death books some more! I hope you enjoyed A Scandal in Mayfair! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!