Monday, July 29, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 29, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

We had hot weather (for values of hot in Northern Minnesota) and I was kept busy with furniture removals and furniture deliveries this week. I'm sitting on my new couch as I'm writing this on a Sunday morning when we are supposed to have a temperature drop to a high of only 80F. 

It is hard to believe that it is already the last week in July. I have my end of the month report to write, my State of the Stack to write, a blood draw on August 1, and my birthday on August 2. My brother and I will be going out to dinner to celebrate on Wednesday since his work schedule doesn't allow a dinner out on my actual birthday. 

I have just one book remaining on my August review stack which I should have finished before writing my State of the Stack on Wednesday. I also set up posts for September on my blog and have made decisions for everything except what audiobooks I'll be reading and reviewing. My September 3 review book releases were already on my August calendar since I like to post reviews before the books are released. 

I'm really looking forward to reading Passions in Death since I'm a huge fan of that series. 

Reading and baseball should keep me busy and indoors this coming week. I might also get a chance to watch some of the Olympics too. 

Read Last Week
  • Arrow's Flight by Mercedes Lackey (Chirp Audiobook; Mine since April 23, 2022) -- Middle book in the Heralds of Valdemar trilogy has Talia on her apprenticeship journey learning to be a Herald of Valdemar and dealing with her losing control of her gift. My review will be posted on August 22.
  • The Jig Is Up by Lisa Q. Mathews (Review; August 20) -- Accountant Kate returns to her hometown of Shamrock, Massachusetts, at a panicked call from her sister only to learn that her sister has been accused of murder. My review will be posted on August 14.
  • A Scandal in Mayfair by Katharine Schellman (Review; August 20) -- The fifth Lily Adler historical mystery pits Lily against a blackmailer and a poisoner. My review will be posted on August 15.
  • Ceremony in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • Shock and Paw by Cate Conte (Review; August 20) -- 8th Cat Cafe mystery includes the murder of the island's newspaper editor, the holiday lighting contest, and missing cats. My review will be posted on August 17.
  • Vengeance in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
  • Echo Road by Kendra Elliot and Melinda Leigh (Mine since July 2) -- Two of my favorite authors bring their iconic characters together to solve a kidnapping and a couple of murders. My review will be posted on August 20.
Currently
  • Unleashed by David Rosenfelt (Mine since November 2, 2022) -- 11th Andy Carpenter novel
  • Arrow's Fall by Mercedes Lackey (Chirp Audiobook, Mine since April 23, 2022)
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

10 comments:

  1. I swear that time passes too quickly these days. In a couple weeks we are bringing the youngest back to school. Hope you're enjoying the new furniture. It's been hot here, too, but today is a bit cooler and raining. Great books this week. The Cold Light of Day caught my eye. Hope you have a fabulous week, Kathy!

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-july-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new furniture, and happy birthday in advance! We have a rainy couple of days where I am, which feels strange after such a long stretch of very warm weather! I haven't read any of your books, but I've seen the J.D. Robb books around over the years and keep thinking I really should try one! I'm also curious about When Women Were Dragons - I've not read any reviews of it yet, so interested to see what you think! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Dinner sounds great. I hope you have a wonderful time. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! My husband's birthday is the 4th!

    I just bought a copy of When Women Were Dragons recently as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh new furniture sounds wonderful - I need to do that - but the thought of getting the old out of the way is a bit off putting. Hope you have a lovely birthday on the 2nd. I guess the hot weather is adding to your solar power. I am getting very little during my winter months. Your books look great at usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, a high of "only" 80 sounds lovely!! We had an "only 85" this weekend but with low humidity, and it was wonderful! Happy Birthday this week! Mine was last week :) Enjoy your time with your brother. I haven't read a Stephanie Plum novel in years, but I always enjoy them. And French Quarter Fright Night sounds intriguing - I love anything set in New Orleans!

    Enjoy your books and your birthday this week -

    Sue
    2024 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy early Birthday! Hope you have a great dinner out! That's always fun to do!

    Nice set of reads too! Mainly all new to me ones but I hope you enjoy your picks lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your new couch! I love new furniture. Your books look good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many good books on here. Happy reading! And happy birthday! I hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a pretty great week! I wasn't able to wait to read Passions, I just don't have patience. Looks like the beginning of August is busy, and I'm late, so Happy Birthday! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!