Monday, July 8, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 8, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a lovely, if quiet week, last week. The temperatures hit 80 two days, and we had a third of an inch of rain another day. I did turn on the air conditioner for about half an hour one morning because the house felt stuffy. Mostly though I've been happy with open windows and ceiling fans. 

Besides reading, I've been spending time watching or listening to my disappointingly average Atlanta Braves baseball games. 

This coming week should be quiet too. I do have to go stand in line to renew my driver's license one day since it expires early in August. I'm hoping I hit an unbusy time and don't have to wait long. There isn't anything else on my calendar for the week. 

My reading plans include finishing the last of the August 6 releases from my review stack and, since I've finished my Liaden Universe relisten, listening to a couple of audiobooks from my TBR pile. I also chose a book by a guy I taught with quite a few years ago. He has published a series of mystery stories in the years since we worked together. 

Reading Report for June

I read 33 books in June including 11 review books and 18 audiobooks for a total of 11,808 pages and 211 hours of listening. Seven of the books read were from my TBR pile. Fifteen of the books were rereads. 

I added 27 books to my LibraryThing account including 13 new review books. I also added nine audiobooks including one from Audible Plus. Twenty-one of the additions are still on the TBR stack. 

My To Read collection now numbers 2496 titles. My total LibraryThing collection stands at 7594 titles which includes review books which are in the Read but Not Owned collection which totals 607 books. 

Read Last Week
  • Neogenesis by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook reread)
  • Accepting the Lance by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook reread)
  • The Down Deep by Catherine Asaro (Mine) -- This epic fantasy is set in the Skolian Universe. It is the next Major Bhaaj story but not a mystery. My review will be posted on July 13.
  • Agony Hill by Sarah Stewart Taylor (Review; August 6) -- Historical mystery set in Vermont in the 1960s. Interesting characters. My review will be posted on July 30.
  • A Poisonous Palate by Lucy Burdette (Review; August 6) -- A Food Critic in Key West mystery. Nice cozy mystery. My review will be posted on August 1.
  • Trader's Leap by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook reread)
  • Cast in Atonement by Michelle Sagara (Review; August 6) -- The 19th book in the Chronicles of Elantra. Excellent but very complex fantasy. My review will be posted on July 30.
  • Between a Flock and a Hard Place by Donna Andrews (Review; August 6) -- Newest in the Meg Langslow humorous cozy mystery series. My review will be posted on August 1.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:

Bought:
What was your week like?

13 comments:

  1. You had a great June. All those books look so good. I really want to get back to the Lucy Burdette series. I enjoyed the first book. I hope you enjoy all your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read books written by people I know, too. The Single Twin sounds good, and it's first in a series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reminded me that my husband needs to renew his license as well! I will make his appt today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure read a good number of books in June. I have to renew my DL too in August. But when we reach 75 here we have to get a Doctor's okay first so I have to do that. It's a bit of a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're accomplishing a lot with your reading. Agony Hill and The Body in the Attic caught my eye.

    The Boston Red Sox won two out of three against the New York Yankees. They are playing the A's and the Royals this week.

    Hope you have a quiet and productive reading week. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I renewed my driver's license (in January 2020), I was able to make an appointment. I still had to wait a bit, but not as long as I would have if I didn't make an appointment. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Have a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 33 books! That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, It's been at least 40 º celsius here the last few days. After heading out into the garden in the moring to week, I stay inside where it's air conditioned, listen to books, and sew. I'm contemplating heading off into the garden this evening, but it's still 39º outside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are doing well! Thirty-three books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely going to look for a few of these sci-fi titles and recommend a couple of the mysteries to my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like more regular summer weather! And looks like a good monthly wrap up. And yeah that you enjoyed Flamebringer (this series needs more hype!) and Winter Lost! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!