Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Short Take Reviews Take 2

Just some quick thoughts about what I have been reading.



Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians by Jarrett J. Krosoczka -- This middle grade graphic novel is about lunch ladies who are also crime solving super heroes. This case has them up against evil librarians who want to steal the latest and greatest video game system so that kids will be forced to read. I borrowed this one from my Elementary Media Center.


Wolf Flight by Vivian Arend -- This is the second in the Granite Lake Wolves series. Missy is an Omega wolf on the run from the Alpha of her pack. Tad is an untriggered wolf who was her high school sweetheart. He doesn't know she is a wolf. There are lots of misunderstandings on the way to "happy every after" for these two characters. This book resides on my Kindle.

Mouse and Dragon by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller -- This is a re-read for me. I read this a week or so ago and reviewed it here. Then, because it comes third in a story arc, I read books 1 (Local Custom) and 2 (Scout's Progress) in the arc again. Then, naturally, I had to read this one again. I enjoyed this book even more this time than I did the first. The story tells how Aelliana Caylon and Daav yos'Phelium manage to overcome a greedy Delm, a spiteful sister, a kidnapping, and assassins to form a a lifemating and a marriage of true hearts and souls. This is an ARC that resides on my Kindle. The hardcover will be coming my way in mid-June.

Challenges: In the Middle Reading Challenge, 2010 E-Book Challenge, Flashback Challenge, RYOB Reading Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Now I really want to read The Lunch Lady! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!