Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Local Custom by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
*****************************

Local Custom
Authors: Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
Publication: Ace (January 29, 2002)

Liad

Liadens.

An entire culture that counted coup. that held melant'i and the keeping of melant'i to be vital work. A culture cutthroat and competitive in every imaginable area, where people were divided into two camps -- kin and opponents.

On Liad there were never first winners and last winners.

On Liad, you won. Or you lost.




 
This is a Flashback book for me. I do not know how many times I have read it. Certainly, I have read it at least a dozen times. It is a romance across cultures - vastly different cultures.
 


 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting sci-fi type of romance, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choice, haven't heard of it. Here's my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be good if you've read it several times! Wow, well enjoy enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teaser, haven't seen this one before. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before, but your teaser is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like an old school cover. but i like it!

    here's mine;

    http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays.html

    happy teusday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never heard of this one before but if you've read it that many times it must be good. I'll have to check it out :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave you an award! You can find it here.

    Tara SG -- <a href="http://25hourbooks.com</a>25hourbooks.com</a>

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!