Saturday, June 26, 2010

Review: Nauti Deceptions by Lora Leigh


Nauti Deceptions
Author: Lora Leigh
Publication: Berkley Trade; 1 edition (February 2, 2010)

Description: Caitlyn "Rogue" Walker left her life in Boston to become a teacher in a small Kentucky town. But her dream was shattered when she was framed in a sex scandal. Refusing to be run out of town, Caitlyn shed the identity she had and became Rogue. Sheriff Zeke Mayes knows there's more to her than meets the eye, though what meets the eye is pretty smoking. He's prepared for a long struggle getting Rogue to drop her defenses-and give in to desire. But soon Zeke will become embroiled in a deadly game that sweeps Rogue up in its wake. And when everything seems to be a matter of life and death, there is no reason to hold back... 

My Thoughts: This book is definitely for those over 18. While there is a plot about tracking down a domestic terrorist group, the main focus is on the relationship between Zeke and Rogue. The relationship is sexual and goes well beyond traditional sexual activities. It was a hot romance between two strong characters. 

I liked that Rogue was determined not to let anyone drive her out of the town that she has chosen to live it. I liked that she was determined to go her own way no matter what anyone else thought. I liked that Zeke was very protective of Rogue. I didn't like that he felt that he had to protect her from him. 

Zeke's father, mother and wife were killed by the domestic terrorist group and he was forced to back off his investigation in order to protect his young son. He had learned that anyone he seemed to care for would be a target for the terrorists. Therefore, he tried to keep Rogue at a distance. He used excuses like their age difference and experience difference. 

Rogue wasn't going to put up with being on the outside of his life. I liked their relationship as she fought for the man she wanted.

Recommended for those over 18 who like a hot romance.

Challenges: RYOB Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!